mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
With the current 7.51.351 beta, /color can't be used to set an event's default color for the extended color indexes 16-98:

Code:
; /color: invalid parameters
/color text 64

Furthermore, the palette in the color-options dialog should be extended to display the full palette

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 13/12/17 10:17 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I support the suggestion, but how is this a bug exactly? the note in the beta.txt specifically says the support was added for ^K

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Even though the note only mentions ^K, the 16-98 color support was added to other commands at the same time, even though those items were not specifically mentioned too, so the mentioned item looks like a miss:

/cnick nick 64
/debug 64 @debug
/echo 64 -a test
//echo -a $color(64)
/loadbuf 20 -c64 @win logs\filename.log
/drawdot @pic 64 20 50 50
/drawline @pic 64 15 20 20 100 20
/drawfill @pic 64 20 20 30 30
/drawtext @pic 64 1 1 test
etc.

The only color-related items which I've identified as not supporting the new color indexes are the ones having a menu item associated with a dropdown that hasn't yet been updated to show the new colors, even if there's a direct /command method that's equivalent.

For example, the address menu for nick colors has a place to set all OP to red using a dropdown list of 16 colors, but it can also be done with an alternate method like "/cnick * 4 @" but /cnick won't allow index 64. /color text 64 is in the same category where the /command method doesn't support indexes not yet shown in the Alt-K dialog.

Other items like options/display/highlight and display/options/marker still only have the 16/17 item color dialog and don't have a /command alternative of setting them.

Obviously a 98 item dropdown window isn't going to be a good solution, so if/when the Alt-K dialog is updated to show all the color indexes, the 16/17 item dropdown will probably get replaced with a square grid of color indexes. Possibly the same grid-of-squares that makes its way into the Alt-K dialog.

Last edited by maroon; 15/12/17 07:08 AM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Agreed, but none of what you said makes it a bug.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. As you mentioned, commands that have associated user interface options are limited to the user interface range. These are currently on my to-do list for extending in the future.

Link Copied to Clipboard