mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
There is also the additional problem that if a user comes in with a name that comes after, I will see the white space and know who it is smirk Any suggestions on how to change that?

I will try one more time tonight setting the troll's nick color, but if he comes in again and the color is reset, then I will try your code.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm curious why you don't just ban the trolls? Aren't they also annoying the other victims in your channel?

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
I have banned them, but their joins and parts still show up.. As well as they show up in the viewer list. One of the many faults that twitch has avoided to fix.

I like showing joins/parts + viwerlist on stream, and your help seems to be the only way.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If twitch supports having channels be invite-only and doesn't let people inside the room see the uninvited trying to come in, you could have a lobby channel set up that whenever someone joins the lobby and they're not on the Troll list the script automagically invites to the 'real' channel. The problem with this method is that people would either need to manually join after they're invited, or have mirc set to automatically accept all invites which isn't a good idea or they have a script in mirc like:

on *:INVITE:#RealChannel:{ join $chan }

Of course that alternative works only for viewers using mirc, which probably isn't everyone.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Your idea sounds great and Twitch could implement it easily. Twitch already has an option where you give rules in a popup if someone tries to talk in chat. Why couldn't Twitch use this system where if you are on one side of this popup (including if you are banned), you can see no viewer list, and can't whisper anyone on that viewer list (for trolls who see people in my chat shown on screen). This would have no impact on legitimate new viewers, because 90% of people aren't interested in looking at the viewer list or whispering people in a channel the first time they stop in.

If only you worked for Twitch as freelance. They are so focused on making money with big streamers, that they don't care about the odd troll here and there, as long as the big streamers are still up and running. But imagine how many new streamers (speaking of others, not myself) who in an alternate reality becomes a huge success because Twitch fixed their system to be more airtight against trolls?

Sadly, I don't even think 1 or 2 of my 4600 followers even know what MIRC is. I do wish your idea was expounded upon by the "experts" at Twitch.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
FYI, is there a way to sort the viewer list to show the troll names at the end? I know it is a stretch, but the major point in all of this, is to avoid knowing that the losers are in my stream watching. If your recent code makes sure even name changes are blocked, then I am 75% of the way to achieving this, while keeping joins/parts for my stream to see.

The last 25% is this: MIRC automatically sends a new username that a troll has made to a txt file. This will automatically be added to the ignore list in my other program Chatty (I will do this with Chatty. Not your responsibility). I can also keep this file as a record in case someone asks me in chat "who is *username* whispering me?". I can then look at this list and know if it is the troll within seconds. Denying him the satisfaction of me making a big scene out of going to this website to check the name. https://twitch-tools.rootonline.de/username_changelogs_search.php

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC doesn't let you sort the channel viewer list, unfortunately. You might be able to mimic it by making a script that parrots everything from #channel into @channel where you've created a sidebar viewer list that you can manipulate. But that would make it harder for scripts to work since $chan and # wouldn't exist in @channel.

I didn't say my way prevented nick changes, just that if a nick was set as white-on-white and that nick changed to another nick, the new nick is the same color without a script needing to paint it.

Channel modes are created by the network, not by mirc, but most 'real' networks have a channel mode, possibly +N, which lets the network block anyone in channel from changing their nick - though I think @ops can still change nick.

You can track nick changes like:

Code:
on Troll:NICK:{
  write troll.log $asctime Nick Change from $nick to $newnick $address
}

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
I didn't think your way prevented nick changes. I just hope future nick changes can be detected by your script so that it automatically hides/ignores it. Will test and see how it works tonight.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard