mIRC Homepage
Posted By: zac Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 09:27 PM
Select any amount of text (and then deselect/copy), and auto-hide nicklist no longer brings the nick list up when you hover over the right.

Ouch.
Posted By: praetorian_ Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 09:52 PM
i havent been able to reproduce your bug, but i have noticed that the nicklist only shows itself when you move the mouse into the nicklist area in the top 1/3 of the window.

moving the mouse in the bottom 2/3 does nothing. not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior.

perhaps this could explain your problem.
Posted By: zac Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 09:53 PM
Heh, that'd certainly explain it. Sure is confusing. Maybe to prevent people from triggering it by accident...
Posted By: MTec89 Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:02 PM
nicklist d\just disapears when useing this feature...

2kpro sp4..

btw

PHILOSOPHY Unknown command
Posted By: zac Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:04 PM
That's the point. It hides it until you hover your mouse over the right side of the window. I'd just like to see it working when the window isn't active...
Posted By: MTec89 Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:05 PM
it dont come back.... even when i hover...
Posted By: zac Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:08 PM
It seems that you have to hover over the top part of the window in order for it to pop back out.
Posted By: MTec89 Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:09 PM
well thats kinda pointless...should be the whole nicklist... not just top
Posted By: zac Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:10 PM
I'm guessing it's so you don't accidently pop it out when you are trying to select text from the right to the left.
Posted By: praetorian_ Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:12 PM
i would just like to add a few suggestions about this feature:

it would be nice to be able to hover over an inactive window to show the nicklist instead of having to activate the window and then hover.

it would also be nice if the nicklist hid itself when the mouse moved out of the channel window (or the main mirc window for that matter). presently you can activate the nicklist, then move out of the window by going up, down or right.

lastly, it would be great if an option was added to hide the nicklist only when the channel in question is active. this is more of a personal preference than anything else.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 10:51 PM
Quote:

moving the mouse in the bottom 2/3 does nothing. not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior.

To me, it appears as though mirc is allowing the bottom 2/3's so if you wanted to select a long line of text wiht the mouse, you are able to without opening the nicklist while doing so. I would like to ad tho that the nicklist show/hide (imo) should use a "smooth" scroll, not there it is--there it isn't. Maybe even the option to have it smooth scroll to save those with les cpu power. I just think that the show/unshow in that "raw" form is unpleasing to the eye, where as a scroll would be a little more --well, not soothing but just more pleasing.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 11:02 PM
intended behavior, for the reasons already mentioned smile
Posted By: saxon Re: Auto-hide Nicklist Bug - 10/10/03 11:37 PM
Quote:
i havent been able to reproduce your bug, but i have noticed that the nicklist only shows itself when you move the mouse into the nicklist area in the top 1/3 of the window.

Yes I have this problem too. Win2k Pro.

mIRC could detect if text is currently being selected. So Im not sure this is really intentional behaviour. If it is, then I think it would be better if mIRC just didn't un-hide the list when text is being selected... not really a problem....
© mIRC Discussion Forums