mIRC Homepage
Posted By: jcarle Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 12:31 PM
No matter what I do, everytime I delete the "*.wav,*.mid,*.mp3,*.wma,*.ogg" entry in the DCC Folders option, it ALWAYS comes back. It's really annoying.

And there seems to be no way to prevent mIRC from replacing spaces with underscores in filenames?
Posted By: Hammer Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 01:21 PM
Addressing your renaming files with spaces in the name, the following remote will do what you wish, with one exception: If the target filename already exits, it will tell you it was unable to rename the file and will give you both filenames so you can manually correct the problem.
Code:

on *:FILERCVD:*.*:{

[color:green];  Replace the underscore with spaces, 
  ;  then remove any 2+ consecutive spaces in the filename.[/color]
  tokenize 32 $replace($filename,_,$chr(32))

[color:green];  Check to make sure the file we want to rename this file 
  ;  to doesn't already exist.[/color]
  if (!$isfile($+(",$1-,"))) {
    .rename $shortfn($filename) $+(",$1-,")
    echo $color(info2) -ati2 * You have just received $nopath($1-)
  }

[color:green];  Otherwise, complain about it for manual resolution.[/color]
  else echo $color(ctcp) -eati2 * File $+(",$1-,") exists: Unable to rename $+(",$filename,")
}

I didn't understand your first problem well enough to even begin to guess what the problem might be.
Posted By: jcarle Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 01:28 PM
If you go to the mIRC options and then scroll down to DCC -> Folders...

The very top option is called DCC Get Folders, in that list is an entry that is called "*.wav,*.mid,*.mp3,*.wma,*.ogg"...

No matter how many times I delete that entry, it will always come back when I re-start mIRC.

I hope I made more sense this time.

Btw, thank you for that script.

Isn't there eventually going to be an option in mIRC itself to disable this behaviour?
Posted By: Collective Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 01:33 PM
I had that problem, the mirc.ini file was messed up on the "ignore=" and "accept=" lines, so you might want to check them. Defaults:
ignore=*.bat,*.com,*.dll,*.exe,*.htm,*.html,*.ini,*.js,*.lnk,*.mrc,*.pif,*.pl,*.scr,*.shs,*.vbs
accept=*.bmp,*.gif,*.log,*.jpg,*.mid,*.mp3,*.ogg,*.png,*.txt,*.wav,*.wma,*.zip
Posted By: jcarle Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 02:03 PM
Those lines are fine.

[extensions]
n0=defaultEXTDIR:C:\Documents and Settings\jcarle\Desktop\
n1=*.wav,*.mid,*.mp3,*.wma,*.oggEXTDIR:sounds\

The n1 line is the one I keep deleting and keeps coming back. No matter whether I delete it from a dialog or by physically delete it from the mirc.ini file, mIRC keeps re-writing that line.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 02:34 PM
mIRC puts the underscores in because it cannot play them via CTCP unless the filename is one word.

To delete the sound folder just point the sound downloads somewhere else (whereever you store your sound files is a good idea) and then delete the sounds folder and it will stay away. This works for me anyway.
Posted By: Nimue Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 03:28 PM
Sure it can smile
/sound [target] "long file name.wav"
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 04:25 PM
Ahhhh yes, but I was thinking of mIRC and how it assumes that /sound firstword secondword thirdword.mp3 ends up being /sound firstword.wav...

mIRC will /splay just fine but seemingly not /sound a multi-word mp3 filename, commas or not.
Posted By: Nimue Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 04:38 PM
Correct, /splay will work fine without the quotation marks, but /sound needs them to distinguish between filename and message
/sound [target] "a multiple word filename.mp3" [message]
(Note the quotation marks in red) laugh
Posted By: jcarle Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 05:09 PM
It's not the physical folder that I can't delete, it's the association within mIRC... Specifically the "*.wav,*.mid,*.mp3,*.wma,*.ogg" entry.
Posted By: Julie2 Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 09:07 PM
Those sound folder associations are needed by mirc sounds commands, so they can not be deleted, otherwise builtin mirc identifiers like $wavedir, $mididir , $mp3dir and others would error. It doesnt hurt anything having this entry, if you dont use sounds, just ignore it.
Posted By: Julie2 Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 05/01/03 09:28 PM
errr I picked the wrong $identifiers as an example, those ones are set elsewhere, but I think you get the point.
Posted By: jcarle Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 06/01/03 03:15 AM
My particular issue with this association is that to be able to set my download directory for incoming transfer I have to set folders in 2 different associations. It's really quite frustrating.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Sounds folder cannot be deleted. - 06/01/03 09:04 PM
Ahhhhhh I see grin
© mIRC Discussion Forums