mIRC Homepage
Posted By: captain_obvious little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 01:00 AM
i don't know this is a bug or not, but, i will go ahead and ask if there is a way to fix it.

heres the problem.

while in a channel, was was given +o in which case my name goes up with the @ symbol and what not. the problem is when they set me -o, it doesnt echo the mode to the channel adn doesnt drop me from the op spot at the top of the nicklist. Also if i set myself -o, it does the same thing. Then when i try and so it again beccause i think that it didnt work it echos you are not a channel operator. So it does take the +o but i stay as opped in the nicklist even if im not op.

i first thought it was a problem with the theme i was building but i tried it in a blank mirc copy of v. 6.03? any suggestions on what could be wrong and or how i could fix it without going to a lower version?
Posted By: KingTomato Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 02:54 AM
Server is IRC-based, not MSN?
Posted By: captain_obvious Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 03:00 AM
chatspace -- smile its is an irc compatible server
Posted By: Strider Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 03:07 AM
Can you give me the address of the server? The only Chatspace servers I've been on don't allow the creation of dynamic channels, so I can't check it out.

Send me a private message if you don't want to write the address in this topic.
Posted By: captain_obvious Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 03:25 AM
This server only allows admins/opers and a few people with the pass to connect to it.. frown I am not sure how i ended up with it but I did could be because my brother is administrator, and i don't think im suppose to give the pass out.
Posted By: Strider Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 03:43 AM
Well from what I can tell, this looks more like a server-related issue than an mIRC bug. Maybe the server doesn't send the appropiate message when you are deopped.
Posted By: v0id Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 05:46 PM
/debug -p @Debug
Posted By: captain_obvious Re: little bug maybe? - 13/07/03 11:14 PM
heh, i tried that...

and got this

<- :Justachat.com MODE #help +o captain_obvious
<- :Justachat.com 324 captain_obvious #help +tnr
-> Justachat.com MODE #help -ooo captain_obvious

it deops me, mut it doesnt drop me from the list, any way to fix thsi? ihope?
Posted By: Strider Re: little bug maybe? - 14/07/03 12:23 AM
What follows after that?

The last line there only shows the command you sent, which is missing two other nicknames; but that shouldn't affect the command in any way.

The server has to send the deop message after that. It should look something like this:

<- :nick!blah@blah MODE #blahe -o nick

If it doesn't send that, then it's a server-related issue.
Posted By: captain_obvious Re: little bug maybe? - 14/07/03 12:21 PM
yea, i figured out that is just that server

\thanks for your help
© mIRC Discussion Forums