mIRC Homepage
(mIRC v6.03, Windows 2003)
when you'r trying to /filter with -xn, mIRC crushes.

for example, try fo filterout blank lines.
create a file with few blank lines in it (infile.txt) and
/filter -fcfxn infile.txt outfile.txt $crlf

this will cause your mIRC to crush.
this is the exception I get when I debug:
First-chance exception at 0x00559ce0 in mirc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x74000a15.
It works fine for me (mirc 6.03, WinXP Pro SP1)
hmm, I've checked it, and with one file it happens, and with the other it doesn't...
I'll try to figure it out.
Quote:

(mIRC v6.03, Windows 2003)
when you'r trying to /filter with -xn, mIRC crushes.

How does it exactly "crush"?
I think he quite obviously means "crashes". Language barriors and generation gaps often do strange things to technical jargon. There's no need to be picky or insulting.

- Raccoon
I probably wouldn't even have braught it up, but the poster used "crush" in the topic and in the message.
I just meant that you could have corrected his obvious error, if you wanted to, without asking 'How does it exactly "crush"?' which sounds demeaning (to me anyway).

I try to avoid correcting people, especially with spelling or phrasing, as long as I can understand what they are saying. If you really must correct them, then say plainly 'And by the way, the word you're looking for is "crash" not "crush".' after you answer their question. The worst are posts with nothing but correction(s) in them. frown

Sorry if I'm venting on you, I'm just seeing a lot of this lately.

- Raccoon
Thank the lovely educational system in the world today for these kinds of "engrish" posts smile
Works fine for me as well here.
© mIRC Discussion Forums