mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Freman Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 30/06/03 08:16 PM
Heyas

Not sure if it's your fault or microsofts (c:

I've got duel monitors, with mirc in the second one...

when I right click on a channel or query or dcc in the window bar, it's fine.

But if I go and right click on the nick list, or the channel window it's self (in the center) the popup shows at the edge of my first monitor...

it's not disfuctional, and I wouldn't give it the highest priority, but it is kinda annoying
Posted By: codemastr Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 30/06/03 08:22 PM
It's neither mIRC's fault, nor Microsoft's, it's yours. alt+o | display | options | "enable dual monitor support"

That must be checked.
Posted By: Freman Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 09/07/03 07:30 PM
Ok, I can accept that...
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 10/07/03 12:06 AM
personally, i think that should be intergrated. Why would you need it off, or have reason to. Single monitors are uneffected (afaik) so, whats the matter with is being on always? grin
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 10/07/03 01:17 AM
I think single monitors may be effected if your mouse is too close to the edge of the screen, or part of the window is off the screen... the popup may appear on the 'other screen' that doesn't exist. I don't know for sure as I don't have 2 monitors to test on.

- Raccoon
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 11/07/03 01:35 AM
you completly voided your last statement

I think single monitors...
--Make statement about single monitor hypothesis

...may be effected if your mouse is too close to the edge of the screen, or part of the window is off the screen... the popup may appear on the 'other screen' that doesn't exist. I don't know for sure as I don't have 2 monitors to test on.
--Now your talking about double monitors?

Your trying to make a statement about a single-monitor support, then refer to 2x monitors?
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 11/07/03 08:10 AM
If you leave duel monitor support on with only one screen, you have a phantom "other monitor". I meant what I said.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Multi-Monitor - Popup menus - 11/07/03 08:21 AM
i enable duel monitor (one monitor) right click on the nickmost ont he rightmost portion of the screen, and the popup appears on this monitor. The support is there, no change as far as single monitor support (from what i see). Maybe Khaled can clue us in on why its not a default feature? Pros/cons?
© mIRC Discussion Forums