mIRC Homepage
Posted By: maroon $input 'a' switch - 15/10/22 02:53 AM
At least in Win7, it does not appear that this is behaving as intended. I'm finding it works only if minimizing mIRC but making no clicks or keypresses in the other application prior to the $input being executed.

Per this link, the intent of $input(prompt,a) is to make the $input dialog be active if mIRC is not currently the active application.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/86239/re-input-bug#Post86239

These next steps work correctly:

1. Paste this command into status window with 1 slash:

/timertest 1 9 echo -s $input(prompt,a) $asctime

2. click upper-right-corner of main window to minimize mIRC to the Windows taskbar, or to the notification area if enabled in tools/options/display/other/tray "place mIRC in tray when minimized".

When the timer triggers, the $input dialog appears on top of the browser that became visible when mIRC minimized. The $input dialog accepted the button click correctly without the main mIRC window becoming visible.

--

However, if the user clicks in the other application's window which becomes visible as mIRC minimizes, or if the other application is reached via alt+tab or by clicking their icon in the Windows taskbar instead of minimizing mIRC, then the $input dialog is not made active, and instead the mIRC taskbar icon becomes a solid highlight as if the timer command were "/flash -r 1", and the $input dialog isn't seen until clicking back to mIRC.

Because I had encountered an OS-related behavior in v7.*'s with flash previously, which was not present in v6.35

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/263104/flash-c

... I tested this $input timer in v6.35 and it succeeds and fails the same ways as in the current version.
Posted By: Khaled Re: $input 'a' switch - 15/10/22 06:43 AM
Thanks for your bug report. That is a Windows behaviour. It prevents applications from changing the top-level active status of windows in some contexts. There are no plans to override this for $input().
© mIRC Discussion Forums