mIRC Homepage
Posted By: _entropy /nick not changing nick in treebar - 03/10/22 07:28 PM
I just noticed today that i cannot change the nick in certain servers in the treebar.

i tried /nick, and /mnick and /anick to change the nick in the treebar status window, not working.

It is not letting me use any other nicknames.
Posted By: deVilbaT Re: /nick not changing nick in treebar - 05/10/22 02:13 PM
Same here.

How to:
1. Open mIRC.
2. Use: /server -fopu localhost 6667 -i You Your something something -l msg login password
3. use /server -n
4. /nick asd

And Treebar not update 2nd server nickname.
Propably error occours when you use -l in /server.
Posted By: Khaled Re: /nick not changing nick in treebar - 05/10/22 04:48 PM
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I tried following deVilbaT's steps.

Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?
Posted By: deVilbaT Re: /nick not changing nick in treebar - 05/10/22 05:04 PM
You need NickServ account on any server.
1. Open clean (mirc.ini) mIRC.
2. Use: /server -fopu serverwhereyougotNickServ port -i NickHere AnyOtherNick something something -l msg login password
3. Now you are connected.
4. In Treebar you see connected network name and yours nickname (NickHere above).
5. Use /server -n.
6. Now you see two servers and first is connected.
7. Use /nick AnyOtherNick on 2nd server and for 2nd server nick is not change on Treebar - but it should be.

Correct is:
2. /nick a
3. /server -n
4. /nick b

I can try even simpler smile
Posted By: Khaled Re: /nick not changing nick in treebar - 05/10/22 05:21 PM
Correct is:
2. /nick a
3. /server -n
4. /nick b
Thanks, unfortunately, when I follow the above steps, the nickname in the second status window changes to "b" in the titlebar, switchbar, and treebar.

I tested in a clean copy of mIRC v7.71. I also tried with/without connecting to the servers in both status windows.
Posted By: deVilbaT Re: /nick not changing nick in treebar - 05/10/22 05:38 PM
Maybe video helps: https://ufile.io/euyl8dup
Just look on treebar when 2nd windows is open and use /nick. Nick is no change.
Posted By: Khaled /nick not changing nick in treebar - 06/10/22 10:54 AM
Thanks, I was able to reproduce this.

The reason for this is that you are are using /server -i which tells the status window to only use your local -i specified nickname.

When not connected to a server, /nick, /mnick, and /anick change the global settings. This has been maintained for backward compatibility with existing scripts.

So these commands cannot currently change your -i settings.

I am going to change this so that if you use /nick, /mnick, or /anick in a server -i status window, this will change both your global settings and your local settings for that status window. In other words, it will override your -i settings.
© mIRC Discussion Forums