mIRC Homepage
Posted By: pctek Problem with mIRC in Full Screen Mode - 20/06/21 11:48 PM
When I am using mIRC in full screen mode, I am unable to view my Windows 10 task bar. My taskbar is set to auto hide and it works correctly with other applications, just not mIRC. I have to minimize mIRC in order to view the task bar, or in this case, when I clicked "help" it did not appear on top of the mIRC program, so I had to minimize mIRC in order to view the help screen. I am running mIRC version 7.65 and Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19042 build 19042. Any help is appreciated
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Problem with mIRC in Full Screen Mode - 21/06/21 05:10 PM
Right-click the mIRC titlebar and uncheck On Top from the context menu.
Alternately from the menubar, uncheck View > On Top

Otherwise you can tap the WinKey on your keyboard to call up the taskbar.

It looks like mIRC's F11 Full Screen is truly full screen, utilizing the screen dimensions and not the desktop area.
If you take mIRC out of Full Screen, it will utilize the desktop area and allow your autohidden Taskbar sliver to be hovered over.
Posted By: TECO Re: Problem with mIRC in Full Screen Mode - 21/06/21 05:16 PM
Hi,
I cannot reproduce this issue on my PC with the beta version of mIRC v7.65.943. I am using Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055).
Posted By: Khaled Re: Problem with mIRC in Full Screen Mode - 23/06/21 09:00 AM
Thanks for your bug report. As far as I know, this is how full screen should work. I just tested this with Firefox and Notepad++ and they both do the same thing in full screen mode. When "hide taskbar" is enabled in Windows, the taskbar will not become visible when an application is in full screen mode.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Problem with mIRC in Full Screen Mode - 23/06/21 07:45 PM
VLC in fullscreen seems to make way for the windows taskbar in autohide within windows 7, but it could just be an arbitrary fluke. I don't like seeing it there (a 2 pixel horizontal line).
© mIRC Discussion Forums