mIRC Homepage
Posted By: DarkTexas F-Keys not working since update to 7.64 - 14/12/20 09:13 PM
After updating to mirc 7.64 the aliases we have on F-keys aren't working anymore.
F1 is now opening the mIRC help again and noone of the F-Keys are reponding to our aliases, one example is below:

//F5 sddc //gline $$1 3d :12Floodbot / Drone / Abusive (set by Chris at $fulldate $+ ) (fab)

Welp?
Posted By: Khaled Re: F-Keys not working since update to 7.64 - 14/12/20 09:41 PM
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I tested a number of different function key aliases, including f5, and they all worked without any issues here. Is it possible that something else is interfering with your function key aliases?
not sure what could be interfering there, It appears I'm not the only one having this issue, another User does have the same issue since the update.
Any input I could provide you here?
Posted By: maroon Re: F-Keys not working since update to 7.64 - 14/12/20 11:20 PM
Can you confirm that the F5 alias is still there? This should show $true followed by the filename

//echo -a $isalias(f5) $isalias(f5).fname

If it reports $false, but you do see the code in the filename, press Ctrl+H to make sure there aren't unbalanced brackets causing a glitch

If the alias is completely missing now from the file, hopefully the old alias file is backed-up by the installer
Posted By: Raccoon Re: F-Keys not working since update to 7.64 - 15/12/20 03:19 AM
I am unable to reproduce this as well. Here is my sample f-key in my aliases.mrc file.

Code
//F1 //echo -a test

I used two slashes as prefixes because that's what you said you used, and it still works on my end. Though, the slashes are not needed and should not be used per style.

This replaces my F1 key to display "test" instead of opening the help file.

I do not know what "sddc" is in your f-key definition. It is possible that "sddc" is an invalid non-existent alias. Try deleting that word from your f-key alias definition and see if it works agian.

Also, you cannot use $$1 in f-key aliases. Delete that too and replace it with somebody's nickname, or anything else besides $$1.
($$1 will always behave as /halt in an f-key alias. Khaled and maroon aren't on their game today!)

Code
//F5 sddc //gline $$1 3d :12Floodbot / Drone / Abusive (set by Chris at $fulldate $+ ) (fab)

to:
F5 gline Khaled 3d :12Floodbot / Drone / Abusive (set by Chris at $fulldate $+ ) (fab)
I've tested it as well, when creating a simple alias it's working, but with an alias like:

Code
F1 echo -a sddc msg #botserv X //addshun $$1

(This should just ECHO the Command, it doesn't do anything either?)

And no, sddc exists in a remote file.

Code
alias sddc { //dde %DDEServer command "" $1- }

I'm confused why $$1 shouldn't be working in my aliases if I used it for multiple years? I'm entirely lost to be honest. Now, after moving the F-Aliases to the top of the file they seem to work; weird, really weird.
As I'm not the only one who had this issue Ill ask the other guys to check if that fixes it for them as well, I'm certainly confused.
Posted By: maroon Re: F-Keys not working since update to 7.64 - 15/12/20 01:47 PM
I wasn't looking for things that would have prevented the alias from working in both versions, and $$1 does that. The double dollar halts the script if the identifier evaluates to $null, which always happens if an F-key is used to launch an alias.

It looks like maybe the $$1 is a typo, and it should instead be $$? which is a prompt for you to type the nick to be shunned?

$? is an identifier which causes an input-of-text box to be shown, and is filled with whatever you type there. If you don't type anything, and just press ENTER or press the ESCAPE, the $? would be null, so using $$? would halt the alias if you didn't put in a string.

Using $$1 instead of $$? would have halted your alias in all versions, so you probably had a different version of the alias which had the $$? instead.

Edit: Thanks to Saturn for pointing it out, if a nick is highlighted, that does get filled into $$1, as mentioned in /help Function Keys. So maybe this time you were just testing without having any nick being highlighted, as I was doing when $$1 was halting for me
© mIRC Discussion Forums