mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Lusht $tip() bug. - 23/12/17 06:46 PM
Code:
myAlias { echo -s JABDASNDASNDMADSA }
//...
noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $_qpr($+($network,->,$chan)),$_qpr($time) * $_tpr($nick): $1-,,,,myAlias,)
set -u10 %hlWindow $chan
//...

Does nothing.

tried this:
Code:
//...
noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $_qpr($+($network,->,$chan)),$_qpr($time) * $_tpr($nick): $1-,myAlias)
set -u10 %hlWindow $chan
//...

and this:

Code:
//...
noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $_qpr($+($network,->,$chan)),$_qpr($time) * $_tpr($nick): $1-,5, $null, $null,myAlias,$window([$chan]).wid)
set -u10 %hlWindow $chan
//...

No effect. Alias never executed
Posted By: Khaled Re: $tip() bug. - 23/12/17 11:09 PM
I just tested a simple $tip() example and double-clicking on the tip executed the alias.
Posted By: Lusht Re: $tip() bug. - 24/12/17 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Khaled
I just tested a simple $tip() example and double-clicking on the tip executed the alias.

Could you post said example?
Posted By: Lusht Re: $tip() bug. - 27/12/17 04:39 PM
...or anyone for that matter.

I still cant make it work and to me it seems like a bug. May be platform related.
Posted By: Wims Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 01:18 PM
Code:
$tip(test,test,test,,,,echo -s ok,)
But your code above:
Code:
$tip( highlight, ::Highlight:: $_qpr($+($network,->,$chan)),$_qpr($time) * $_tpr($nick): $1-,,,,myAlias,)
should be working.

Posted By: Lusht Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 07:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Wims
Code:
$tip(test,test,test,,,,echo -s ok,)
But your code above:
Code:
$tip( highlight, ::Highlight:: $_qpr($+($network,->,$chan)),$_qpr($time) * $_tpr($nick): $1-,,,,myAlias,)
should be working.

I know it should, it just doesnt
Posted By: Wims Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 07:52 PM
Well if you could clarify what you mean by not working maybe that would be a start, possibly one of your first three parameters are $null or something
Posted By: maroon Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 09:26 PM
By "doesn't work", do you mean that the tip displays, but it doesn't call your alias?

Using a simplified version of your example, I can get it to trigger the alias only when called as an $identifier. Try this command after loading the code at the bottom.

Quote:
//var %j 2 | while (%j) { var %i 1 | while (%i isnum 1-9) { tiptest %i | inc %i } | dec %j }

The alias only gets triggered when called as $foo identifier. But I'm not sure how special that is, because $foo would also trigger if it were part of the message parameter. I couldn't get it to trigger /foo even if i filled in the 3 $null parameters.

I also noticed something that I'm not sure is intended behavior. When the alias parameter contains only an $identifier, the messages all display in the same tip window regardless of the parameters. On the other hand, even though the alias doesn't get triggered when not called as an identifier, it only shows the next next tip in the same tip window if it's also a non-identifier and the alias parameter is spelled exactly the same case-insensitive way.

Code:
alias foo { echo -a fooalias isid $isid (1-) $1- }
alias tiptest {
  if ($1 == 1) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,, foo     ,)
  if ($1 == 2) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,, foo     ,)
  if ($1 == 3) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,/foo     ,)
  if ($1 == 4) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,/foo 1   ,)
  if ($1 == 5) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,/foo 2   ,)
  if ($1 == 6) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,$foo     ,)
  if ($1 == 7) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,$foo(1)  ,)
  if ($1 == 8) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,$foo(2)  ,)
  if ($1 == 9) noop $tip(highlight,::Highlight:: $network,$time : msg $1,,,,$foo(2) x,)
}
Posted By: Khaled Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 09:36 PM
Quote:
Could you post said example?

Sure...

Code:
t noop $tip(name,title,test,5,$null,0,t2,0)
t2 echo t2
Posted By: maroon Re: $tip() bug. - 28/12/17 10:06 PM
Khaled, are you seeing the echo of the 't2' string? I do not. If I change the alias parameter from 't2' to '$t2' it does show, but as I said in my post above, the same thing happens if $t2 were part of the message parameter instead.

Doesn't trigger the t2 alias display for me in 7.51 or 6.35 or latest beta.
Posted By: Khaled Re: $tip() bug. - 29/12/17 09:01 AM
Quote:
are you seeing the echo of the 't2' string? I do not ... Doesn't trigger the t2 alias display for me in 7.51 or 6.35 or latest beta.

Yes, the alias t2 is called when I double-click on the tooltip when it appears. The same happens in v6.35. If you change t2 to $t2, all that will do is evaluate $t2 while $tip() is being parsed, as normal. What happens when you double-click the tooltip with my example?
Posted By: maroon Re: $tip() bug. - 29/12/17 11:20 AM
ok sorry, it does work. and the parameters after 'test' except for the 't2' can be removed to make consecutive commas and it still works.
Posted By: Wims Re: $tip() bug. - 29/12/17 12:07 PM
That, I was showing it earlier when Lusht asked for an example wink
© mIRC Discussion Forums