mIRC Homepage
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog /parseline and modes - 28/07/17 11:44 AM
haltdef'ing in an on RAWMODE doesn't stop mIRC's default mode message from being displayed if it originates from a /parseline command

Code:
on $*:PARSELINE:in:/^\x3A\S+ MODE #\S+ +o \S+:{
  parseline -itn $parseline
}

on ^*:RAWMODE:#:{
  echo # Custom Mode Message; mIRC's default should NOT be shown
  haltdef
}

Even more concerning, is mIRC doesn't apply the mode:
Code:
//parseline -itnqp :example!example@example.com MODE #example +o $me

on ^*:RAWMODE:#example:{
  echo # Custom Mode Message; mIRC's default should NOT be shown
  haltdef
}

Posted By: Sat Re: /parseline and modes - 28/07/17 02:15 PM
Sufficiently related to mention here I think: "on RAWMODE" is also (erroneously) not listed on the "Halting default text" help page.
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: /parseline and modes - 28/07/17 04:46 PM
After further testing, it would appear that the -n switch is the culprit here. I don't know why it allows the default message to take place, that seems to be the bugsee below

But I feel this relates to the usage of -n either being bugged itself, or poorly explained in the helpfile

"-n = add a CRLF to the end of the line if it does not have one." Is it needed for text inputs or bvars only? Or only when we are queuing a new message, etc etc

The original report is correct aswell, parseline + mode changes is bugged, both trigger rawmode/mode/status-mode events AND display the default mIRC even if halted:
Code:
/.parseline -tiqp :test!test@test MODE ##mirc -v foobar
/.parseline -tiqpn :test!test@test MODE ##mirc -v foobar

Disregard
All questions listed here have been raised and answered in this thread

Some of this information, many of us feel, should be in the help file
Posted By: Sat Re: /parseline and modes - 28/07/17 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
All questions listed here have been raised and answered in this thread

Some of this information, many of us feel, should be in the help file

I would in fact go so far as to suggest that /parseline's -n not being ignored when combined with -i is still a bug. There is no scenario where one would want a literal CR/LF pair at the end of a single line. Changing that behavior would make changing the helpfile less necessary.
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: /parseline and modes - 16/12/17 04:29 AM
I agree with your statement. This is a bug/oversight in the interface.

After forgetting that mIRC does not delimit by crlf, I (incorrectly) assumed I could use use jscript via coms to format a huge NAMES list, and then use a single /parseline command to inject the messages...
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: /parseline and modes - 16/12/17 05:04 PM
And furthermore the RFC dictates that messages sent or received are terminated by CRLF so at no point should mIRC be assuming that a parse-pending message in the buffer shouldn't terminate at crlf

Originally Posted By: "RFC 1459 - Page 7"
IRC messages are always lines of characters terminated with a CR-LF (Carriage Return - Line Feed) pair
Posted By: Khaled Re: /parseline and modes - 17/12/17 10:21 AM
The /parseline -n switch was added as a convenience to scripters when sending messages to a server, to ensure that it ends in a CRLF. I am going to add the words "when sending a message to a server" to the -n description in the help file to make this clear.
© mIRC Discussion Forums