mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Prizm Flash on bug - 27/05/03 04:58 PM
I think I may have found a bug in mIRC v6.03 with the 'Flash on:' option that's located in the 'Options' dialog under IRC -> Options.

* How to reproduce this bug:

Enable 'Flash on:' for 'Channel message'.

Now, when someone says something in a channel and your working in another application, mIRC should flash, but it doesn't!

This also goes the same for disabling the 'Flash on:' option. If you try to disable the option, it still flashes anyway.

It seems you have to exit mIRC and restart mIRC for the changes to occur. Shouldn't the changes occur as soon as you click the 'OK' button in the 'Options' dialog without restarting mIRC?
Posted By: The_Game Re: Flash on bug - 28/05/03 01:01 AM
Flash works fine for me and i'm using v6.03.
Posted By: Prizm Re: Flash on bug - 28/05/03 01:22 AM
Did you try the method I explained in the original post? What version of Windows® are you running? I have Windows 98 Second Edition installed on two computers, and the problem exists on both of them. Maybe it's an operating system glitch, and has nothing to do with mIRC. I am not 100% sure.
Posted By: The_Game Re: Flash on bug - 28/05/03 02:56 AM
I did try what you explained and it works fine for me. You may be right about the operating system glitch because I forgot to mention that I am using Window XP
Posted By: Adrenalin Re: Flash on bug - 28/05/03 04:47 PM
At me don't work too .. I'm using Windaws 98 ..
Posted By: coolspot Re: Flash on bug - 30/05/03 08:05 PM
It does it for me too on PC's with Windows 9x. I tried the method on windows 95, 98, 98se and ME. Didnt flash when it was supposed to. Perhaps Khaled will need to modify the source code so it checks for OS type and then calls the needed API functions. Never-the-less, it is a bug smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums