mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Vito Error msgs doing a whois or query - 27/06/14 04:33 PM
When I double click a nic in a channel I get this error msg: Error recursive call (line 339, alias1.mrc).
When I try to initiate a query from the console from a contact on notify, i get this msg: Error recursive call (line 585, alias1.mrc)

Please let me know how to fix this!
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 27/06/14 05:53 PM
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/246559/Error_recursive_call#Post246559
Posted By: Yawhatnever Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 27/06/14 05:58 PM
This has to do with a change made in 7.33.

You will have to prefix the commands within those aliases with '!'. For example, /msg would become /!msg inside a 'msg' alias, and /query would become /!query inside a 'query' alias. This essentially forces mIRC to check for a built-in command by that name, and if none is found I believe it sends the command directly to the server.

Your code will likely need to be changed to resemble something like this:
Code:
alias query {
  ;The '!' command prefix was not previously required inside an alias of the same name
  !query $1-
}

I hope that helps.

edit: link above
Posted By: KindOne Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 27/06/14 07:10 PM
Someone should create a stick post with "Error recursive call" as the topic and the body be a summery as to why this change was made / how to fix the scripts.
Posted By: Vito Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 28/06/14 04:42 AM
Why don't they just fix it? Me going in there and messing with things isn't the best idea lol.. not to mention there are probably other commands not working.
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 28/06/14 12:57 PM
This is the fixed behavior. Read the topic I linked.
Posted By: Vito Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 29/06/14 02:26 AM
i meant for MIRC to fix it and put it out. I'm not very comfortable going into the script and making changes.
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: Error msgs doing a whois or query - 29/06/14 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Vito
i meant for MIRC to fix it and put it out. I'm not very comfortable going into the script and making changes.
What you are experiencing is depreciated functionality. The scripting engine has changed to remove a possible exploit. What is causing the error IS a fix for a long standing bug.
© mIRC Discussion Forums