mIRC Homepage
Posted By: exeCutive Problem QUIT in the channel - 14/02/13 01:01 AM
hello

I have a problem, I can see QUITS users in the channel. Then the number of users increases and always in the nick list appear nicks that are no longer connected.

I'm using mirc v7.29 installed on windows 7,

regards
Ivan, from Chile grin
Posted By: 5618 Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 14/02/13 06:20 AM
Since, at first glance, this looks like a script issue, can you tell us what this returns when you paste it in mIRC?

//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)
Posted By: exeCutive Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 18/02/13 12:50 AM
This is the result

7 7.29 942102f04bb890f14f52a6b0047c92f7 ok 1 1 0 0

Regards
Posted By: Deega Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 18/02/13 01:38 AM
7 7.29 942102f04bb890f14f52a6b0047c92f7 ok 1 1 0 0
^^
1 alias file
1 script file

Try typing /!remote off and see if it helps.
Posted By: argv0 Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 18/02/13 08:25 AM
mIRC will always return 1 for $script(0), because it's impossible to have "0" scripts loaded (a blank file will be automatically loaded). It's more likely that nothing (of importance) is in this file.

More importantly, scripts can't control contents of a nicklist, only the colors, so it would be extremely unlikely that the user has a script doing this.

I would go about this another way, because it seems like there could be a communication issue here:

exeCutive, can you describe more specifically what you are seeing? It would be helpful if you could answer as many of the following questions as possible:

1. You say the "number of users increases"-- where are you observing this increase?
2. When exactly is this increase in users happening?
3. Did any nicks join after the QUIT?
4. When do the nicks show up in the nicklist?
5. Are they coming back after another user joins, or are they not being removed at all?
6. Is this happening on a single channel, or all?
7. If all, can you join a small channel (1-10 people) and reproduce this?

Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 18/02/13 11:09 AM
It sounds like JOIN messages are being halted or hidden, making it appear that no one joined, even though the more people appear on the nick list. And someone who quit could come back without any indication other than that they appear in the nicklist again. Just one possibility, anyhow.
Posted By: exeCutive Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 03/03/13 02:43 AM

1. You say the "number of users increases"-- where are you observing this increase?

R.- In the title bar of the channel

2. When exactly is this increase in users happening?

R.- when a user enters

3. Did any nicks join after the QUIT?

R.- I can not see quits, I see only joins, parts, and other events but it quits. Many nicknames are still in the list of nicks but are not connected.

4. When do the nicks show up in the nicklist?

R.- when a user enters

5. Are they coming back after another user joins, or are they not being removed at all?

R.- not

6. Is this happening on a single channel, or all?

R.- all channels

7. If all, can you join a small channel (1-10 people) and reproduce this?

R.- yes, i can not see quits.
Posted By: Wims Re: Problem QUIT in the channel - 04/03/13 12:26 AM

Here the deal: mIRC does not behave the way you described by default, therefore it's either a script, a mIRC's setting, or a bug.
You were asked to try /remote off to see if it were a script, you never answered that question, having only one remote file loaded is enough, assuming it's nothing of importance is an assumption only and could be the problem here, you should have tried /remote off in the first place and reported the result back here.
Anyway, it didn't seem to be the problem, so what is left? Settings:
Riamus2 made a good point that has been, for some reasons, totally overlooked, but it's likely the problem here, go to the options (alt + o > irc > options > event's'button) and check that you are not hidding on quit event.
© mIRC Discussion Forums