mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Jyang No file extension in $sfile - v7.14 - 17/10/10 03:26 PM
After the recent 7.14 upgrade, I've noticed that when selecting a file using $sfile, it does not return the file extension.

$sfile(*) = C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\mirc
while it should return
$sfile(*) = C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\mirc.exe

Since I didn't upgrade to 7.12beta, this bug might have been present in 7.12 too. (I've noticed on the 7.12 changelog that an issue with $sfile on Windows 7 has been fixed)
Posted By: Khaled Re: No file extension in $sfile - v7.14 - 17/10/10 03:46 PM
Thanks for the bug report, unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I tested this under Windows XP and Windows 7 using the command "//echo $sfile(*)". The identifier returned the full path and filename of the selected file. I tested this with different files in different folders.

If you test this by copying mirc.exe into an empty folder, creating an empty mirc.ini in that folder, and then running that mirc.exe and using the "//echo $sfile(*)" command, do you still see the same issue?

Also, can you please type the following into your copy of mIRC and report the results:

//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)
Posted By: Jyang Re: No file extension in $sfile - v7.14 - 17/10/10 05:07 PM
Copied mirc.exe and an empty mirc.ini file into a new folder, but $sfile(*) still does not return the file extension.

7 7.14 f0039ef62f2672aa9dbaa4c8bffe233c ok 1 0 0
Posted By: Khaled Re: No file extension in $sfile - v7.14 - 17/10/10 06:38 PM
Thanks, I was able to reproduce this. It seems that this issue is visible only when "Hide File Extensions" is enabled in Windows Explorer. This was due to the previous $sfile() fix. I will be undoing this fix for the next release.
© mIRC Discussion Forums