mIRC Homepage
Posted By: XperTeeZ First character in different font (mIRC 7) - 03/04/10 11:57 AM
Basicaly, on the first run, whichever first character I typed, it was printed out in Georgia font, followed by normal fixedsys chars...

When I switch to any other font, it's ok.

Windows XP Home - 32bit.
Thanks for the bug report - I am not sure why that would happen - the editbox is a richedit windows control and displays text without any intervention from mIRC.

mIRC 7.0 will be using either msftedit.dll, which is the latest version of the richedit control, if it is available or riched20.dll if not.

I would prefer to continue using msftedit.dll since it has better support for Unicode, however if it turns out to be problematic I may revert to riched20.dll.

Is your Windows default language English or something else? Is your version of Windows XP fully updated to SP3?

Update: I have not been able to reproduce this, however I think I may know why it is happening. I will make a change to the next beta and we can see if that resolves the issue for you.
My Windows is in English, with fully updated SP3, yes. It's not really that much of a bug, as I don't like Fixedsys font anyways, so I use Georgia smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums