mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Wims focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:03 PM
There is a different behavior with the focus for the editbox in 6.3 and in 6.21, here is the step to reproduce :

-you should have two channel window open
-The focus is on the editbox of the active channel
-Select a nick in the nicklist
-The editbox lost the focus
-Click on another channel
-Comeback in the previous channel

In mIRC 6.21, the editbox of the first channel will has the focus, on mIRC 6.3, it's not the case frown

The behavior in the mIRC 6.21 was much better smile
Posted By: RoCk Re: focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:34 PM
This happened too in 6.21 where I would try to type something and focus is on the nicklist so menu's popup or I end up accidently kicking or ignoring someone or whatever. It didn't happen an awful lot, but since 6.3 it's been pissing me off, it seems a lot worse.
Posted By: Wims Re: focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:40 PM
Uh ? If focus is on the nicklist, it's normal that menu's popup when you type something smirk
Posted By: RoCk Re: focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:43 PM
That part isn't the problem, I know that's supposed to happen, but I expect the editbox to have focus and it doesn't, as you explained in your OP. I guess I mean when a window with an editbox is activated, the editbox should have focus by default.
Posted By: Wims Re: focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:48 PM
Hum, it's works fine for me on 6.21, can you reproduce that with the step i given ? or with different manipulation ?
Posted By: RoCk Re: focus on editbox - 27/08/07 10:50 PM
ugh .. I'm confirming your report. On 6.21 it behaved as expected, on 6.3 it does not.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: focus on editbox - 28/08/07 01:11 AM
I've noticed this as well. It seems to happen to me when I alt-tab between apps. Sometimes (not always and I don't know the reason), it will have the nick list active instead of the editbox and I'll start typing in that instead of the editbox. This happens a lot in 6.3.
Posted By: Khaled Re: focus on editbox - 28/08/07 10:06 AM
Thanks this has been fixed for the next version.
Posted By: TC_Hessen Re: focus on editbox - 05/09/07 07:20 PM
a work around could be:

on 1:ACTIVE:#: editbox -fa
© mIRC Discussion Forums