mIRC Homepage
Posted By: vexed2 Red marker line - 17/08/07 01:47 PM
I noticed too, on a fresh install the red marker line (Ctrl + L) appears in the status window when you first connect.
Posted By: hixxy Re: Red marker line - 17/08/07 02:05 PM
That's not a bug. Some of the default options have been changed in this version, this is obviously one of them.
Posted By: vexed2 Re: Red marker line - 17/08/07 02:14 PM
I couldn't find it in the 'whats new'
just seems strange to have that enabled imo
Posted By: hixxy Re: Red marker line - 17/08/07 02:16 PM
It doesn't seem to be mentioned, but I noticed that the treebar is enabled by default in this version and so is logging. It seems like many of the settings have been changed so that some of the lesser known features are available straight away.
Posted By: RoCk Re: Red marker line - 17/08/07 02:50 PM
So now it's like what Microsoft does with all of their products, have every option enabled by default so as to make sure the user knows it's there?
Posted By: Osah Re: Red marker line - 21/08/07 01:32 AM
This is the most annoying default feature

Khaled -- Please shut it off.
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: Red marker line - 21/08/07 01:36 AM
You want Khaled to come to your house and adjust a setting on your computer for you?

These new features are only enabled by default once. Next time you upgrade (and keep the same mirc.ini), they should not become active again. This is done so that you can see that a new feature exists, and then choose to keep using it or disable it.

-genius_at_work
Posted By: argv0 Re: Red marker line - 21/08/07 08:43 AM
While I agree this is not a bug I personally don't see the need to enable this feature by default, specifically because it's not very helpful to most people, and can be annoying for many. Also, this is *not* a "new feature", so giving it exposure doesn't sound like a great reason to default it.
Posted By: bits Re: Red marker line - 22/08/07 08:32 AM
Also when I turned it off, the marker turned off only on the channel a had active, other channels on other networks still had the marker until I restarted the program.
I've also had no luck turning it back on without a restart of mirc.
© mIRC Discussion Forums