mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Wims //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 04:30 AM
It seems that echo a "-" works like /linesep.
It's not said in the help file but when the last line of the window is a -, /linesep won't show the - and i think it's a good thing...
But for the /echo command, i think it should echo the - without check the last line of the window.

//echo -a - | echo -a -

you'll see just one - and i'm sure this behavior is not a bug but have to be change smile

/aline not works in this way .
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 04:54 AM
Check your scripts. I've tested this on 2 versions of mIRC and it shows 2 -'s.
Posted By: schaefer31 Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 06:46 AM
I just tried this on a clean install of 6.21 and it showed only one "-".

Edit: Same result on 6.03, 6.17 and 6.2
Posted By: Bekar Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 07:15 AM
6.21 with 'line separator' empty shows two -'s.
Posted By: maroon Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 07:18 AM
Confirmed with 6.16 and 6.21

//var %x - | echo -a %x | echo -a %x

If you set %x to be the line-separator character, it will echo the line-separator character only if the last line showing in the window is not already that same line separator character. Echo another character to the window, and this command will again show only once, regardless how many times this is repeated.

Change the line-separator character and %x to both be something else, such as an underscore or exclamation-mark, and it does the same thing. Set the line-separator character as a blank, and your status window messages are no longer separated, and this command goes back to adding 2 lines each time any character is echo'ed to the window.
Posted By: Wims Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 03:17 PM
Ok so i still think that /Echo have to echo the line even if the last line is the line separator and if you try to echo it

And Riamus2, i assume that - isnt you're line separator wink
var %x = $readini(mirc.ini,text,linesep) should be use for test...
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 11/08/07 06:56 PM
Yeah, sorry. I misunderstood what you were doing.
Posted By: Bekar Re: //echo - : linesep ? - 12/08/07 12:21 AM
So there are two things that should be the end result:

* mIRC should keep not-repeating-line separators
* mIRC should however allow you to echo a character that is also the line separator, and have it not treated as a line separator

This being said, I don't think mIRC tracks when it last said a line-sep so this could get ugly.. wink But I guess it only needs to remember if the last line of a given target was a line-sep.
© mIRC Discussion Forums