mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Tal0n Continuous Disconnection - 29/05/07 08:47 PM
I am using the latest 6.12, I downloaded it today.

If my mIRC stays connected for more than 5min it is amazing. If I want to keep it disconnected to the server I have to make sure I am actively chatting away else I get disconnected.

It doesn't even tell me I'm disconnected until I try type something again. I leave it on and go play a game and come back and its disconnected.

What is the problem>
Posted By: RusselB Re: Continuous Disconnection - 29/05/07 09:34 PM
First off, I'm hoping that this is a typo, since you say you just got the latest version of mIRC 6.12, and, in fact, the latest version is 6.21.

If you did indeed download 6.12, then it is not the latest version.

As to your disconnects, it would help if you could post the disconnect notice that is sent to your status window from the server when you are disconnected.

If it shows a message with the number 10053, then there is a very long topic about that here
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Continuous Disconnection - 29/05/07 11:47 PM
Some networks impose an idle limit and will disconnect you if you idle too long. Some will just hide messages from the channel if you idle too long instead of disconnecting you.
Posted By: FaiNT Re: Continuous Disconnection - 03/06/07 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: RusselB

As to your disconnects, it would help if you could post the disconnect notice that is sent to your status window from the server when you are disconnected.

and the network/server this is happening on
Posted By: RusselB Re: Continuous Disconnection - 03/06/07 11:30 PM
In my experience, disconnection notices/messages include the network (and/or server) information.
Posted By: Om3n Re: Continuous Disconnection - 04/06/07 07:06 AM
A full log from the status window would show that information, but i have never seen a disconnection (other than a kill) show the network/server info in the message. ex...

* [10053] Software caused connection abort

Closing Link: *** (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
* [10101] Host disconnected
Posted By: RusselB Re: Continuous Disconnection - 04/06/07 07:14 AM
My apologies, I've gotten used to seeing this information returned in a special channel for IRCops, where a number of different notices are echoed, such as connection, disconnection, nick changes, vhost changes, confirmation of nick/channel identification, nick/channel registration, etc.

In case anyone's worried about the privacy of their nick/channel passwords, if they are or connect to the network, the passwords are not shown in the channel, just messages like <nick> has identified for <nick> or <nick> has been auto-identified for (as is the case when someone changes from one nick to another and the two nicks are grouped).
© mIRC Discussion Forums