mIRC Homepage
Posted By: jaytea /amsg handling - 05/04/07 11:25 AM
when MAXTARGETS= exists in raw 005, mIRC knows it can use the #chan,#chan,#chan target format instead of sending multiple commands to the server, but it strikes me as odd that it doesn't look at the actual value of MAXTARGETS and split up the messages accordingly

for example, MAXTARGETS=3 and you're on 5 channels #a,#b,#c,#d,#e. /amsg will send:

PRIVMSG #a,#b,#c,#d,#e

when it should send:

PRIVMSG #a,#b,#c
PRIVMSG #d,#e

i haven't tested it for other similar commands like /ame, /qme, /qmsg (maybe even /omsg, /onotice etc.) but i imagine they also have this problem. tested on 6.21 of course
Posted By: Spitfire3292 Re: /amsg handling - 05/04/07 06:52 PM
Hmm. I never realized that. Nice work. This should be fixed for the next version because many people are on more channels than the MAXTARGETS value allows. If somebody wants to say something important to all channels they would have to use a small and slow while loop or use noop. It would be a lot easier if the /amsg had this already implemented into it.
Posted By: Khaled Re: /amsg handling - 06/04/07 04:44 PM
Thanks this should work correctly in the next version.
Posted By: RoCk Re: /amsg handling - 06/04/07 06:25 PM
Yay no more 'Too many recipients' messages. smile
Posted By: FaiNT Re: /amsg handling - 07/04/07 11:08 PM
and mirc should also queue msgs more then 3, some servers allow 300 chans, and like 4 maxtargets, that will get u flood-killed.
© mIRC Discussion Forums