mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Starkom "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 29/03/07 10:43 AM
this function is not working when you're channel operator and kick yourslef from channel.
Posted By: qwerty Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 29/03/07 11:24 AM
I would consider that a feature. If it is you doing the kicking, mirc assumes that you want to stay out of the channel.
Posted By: hixxy Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 29/03/07 11:25 AM
I wouldn't consider that a bug.

If you kick yourself from the channel then you obviously don't want to be in it, otherwise you wouldn't kick yourself.
Posted By: RoCk Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 29/03/07 01:21 PM
I would consider it a bug, you should rejoin no matter who
does the kicking. What if I kick myself for script testing
purposes? I would expect to auto rejoin if it's enabled.
Posted By: Spitfire3292 Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 30/03/07 03:42 AM
Maybe it would be easiest to add an Option to check whether or not you want to rejoin when kicked by yourself aswell?
Posted By: hixxy Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 30/03/07 10:11 AM
Then you should make yourself rejoin in the script..

I think it stands to reason that most people who kick themselves out of a channel don't want to be in it.
Posted By: FaiNT Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 01:46 AM
Quote:

I think it stands to reason that most people who kick themselves out of a channel don't want to be in it.

yes, and the same applys to kicks from other ppl.

if ur kicked from a chan, odds are someone doesn't want u in it, so if the auto-rejoin applys there why should it apply here?
Posted By: hixxy Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 02:53 AM
Kicking someone out of a channel doesn't stop them from coming back, kickbanning does.

I'm not sure about other possible uses for the feature, but I use the rejoin on kick feature because I often get kicked out of channels as a joke - since I'm op in half of the channels I use.
Posted By: Om3n Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 07:54 AM
I dont think it should autorejoin when you kick yourself either. If you really need to kick yourself for testing purposes, and for some reason cant connect to the network a second time, you can always use services to do it for you. If neither of those options are availible then ask somebody else to kick you?
Posted By: reko_t Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: FaiNT
Quote:

yes, and the same applys to kicks from other ppl.

if ur kicked from a chan, odds are someone doesn't want u in it, so if the auto-rejoin applys there why should it apply here?

If they don't want you in, you know, they ban you.

I also get kicked as joke often, so it should obviously apply there. I also agree with the others that kicking yourself should not automatically rejoin.
Posted By: BlueShadow Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 03:53 PM
If you just want to rejoin the channel after being kicked you could just code it.

Code:
on *:KICK:#: {
  .join $chan
}

Also double check if you even have that feature enabled in your mirc options.
Posted By: RoCk Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 08/04/07 04:22 PM
-sarcasm removed by poster-

The OP wasn't requesting a auto-rejoin script, he was reporting a bug.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: "rejoin channel when kicked" bug - 09/04/07 04:58 PM
I'll just chime in and say that I also don't think it should rejoin you if you kick yourself.
© mIRC Discussion Forums