mIRC Homepage
Posted By: drgary Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 07/11/06 09:50 AM
Mirc 6.2 claims to be for Vista also... but the help-feature doesn't work yet since Vista uses a new help-engine and doesn't support old help-files any more.

So...no help in mirc in vista, yet...
Posted By: RoCk Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 07/11/06 01:23 PM
The fact that as of 6.2, $os returns Vista doesn't mean
mIRC is "for Vista". There are several other issues besides
the help file issue. Vista is still just in rc stage, I'm sure
that by the time it is officially realeased, most, if not all of
these issues will be addressed. And then entirely new
issues will arise I'm sure.
wink
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 07/11/06 02:06 PM
This has been mentioned before. How soon mIRC's help will change over to CHM is unknown. Maybe Khaled has a timeframe, but probably not yet.

That said... you *can* use HLP files in Vista. There is a utility that you can use to open them. I forget the name, but a quick google search should bring it up. Also, there is an unofficial CHM help file for mIRC 6.14 (I think it's that version) floating around. I think you can get it from mircscripts.org. If not, google will help you with that as well. It may not be the latest help file, but it's better than nothing if you don't want to use the utility to read HLP files.

Also, as Rock mentioned... Vista is not released yet. Don't illegally download stuff before it is even released and expect everything to work.
Posted By: RoCk Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 07/11/06 02:12 PM
Actually it's not illegal, Vista RC1 can be previewed here..
There IS a mIRC help.chm located on mirc.net
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 07/11/06 10:41 PM
Ahh. I didn't realize they put RC1 out for free download. Sorry. It had originally been just for certain people to use. I may have to check it out, then. I doubt I'll upgrade to it when it's released, but I wouldn't mind taking a peak at it. Thanks for the link.
Posted By: deegee Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 08/11/06 02:52 AM
You're a bit late, downloads of it have finished. Beta 2, "preRC1", RC1 and RC2 were all offered to the public, for a limited time. :tongue:
Posted By: deegee Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 08/11/06 02:59 AM
@drgary This thread shows how to use mirc.hlp in Vista. (or any other .hlp files)

@RoCk "The fact that as of 6.2, $os returns Vista doesn't mean mIRC is "for Vista"" <- no it doesn't, but the downloads page stating "mIRC 6.2, for Windows Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98, 95, NT etc." might make some think so wink
Posted By: RoCk Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 08/11/06 05:42 PM
Quote:
...might make some think so wink

Indeed .. then I would say that they were
a little too quick to add Vista to that list.
Posted By: r00tb0y Re: Vista: Help isn't Vista-compatible yet - 22/11/06 09:05 PM
Get the new mIRC 6.20 CHM help on mirc.net.
mIRC 6.20 Chm help
© mIRC Discussion Forums