mIRC Homepage
Posted By: HaleyJ mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 27/10/06 10:41 PM
Hi
i remember when this thread
was posted the same thing was happening to me the whole time on alot of diff occasions that mIRC 6.2 was always stealing focus from my other windows. It was because of that i went back to 6.16. I could never pinpoint exactly what was causing it. I just messed around now with it and came up with ONE way to reproduce it. Although i know it can be reproduced in many other ways

1: Whilst connected to IRC type /timer 1 5 /hop #
2:DONT minimize
3: go to another open window like a browser
4:when the timer kicks in it will steal the focus.

On 6.16 this does not happen.

It also happened to me whilst i was gaming etc

Thanks
not sure if this is what you mean but.... right click on the mirc folder in the xp task bar a menu opens 2nd heading from the top says on top if this is checked then I assume every event that happens the mirc client will pop to be the front screen
Fire
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 28/10/06 02:15 AM
That wouldn't be the case. If it's set to On Top like that, then it will always be on top. You could change to another application. Well... I suppose if you had mIRC small and the other app small and tried seeing both at the same time with it set to On Top, then it would do that. But I don't think that's what is going on with this. smile
Posted By: deegee Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 29/10/06 02:41 PM
Maybe this page can help you. How Do I Prevent Applications from Stealing Focus
Posted By: Khaled Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 31/10/06 01:58 PM
I followed the steps you described and was unable to reproduce the issue unfortunately.

The routine that processes channel joins in 6.2 is identical to the one in 6.16. There have been no changes to it since 6.16.

Have you tried testing this with a clean copy of mIRC, by copying mirc.exe to an empy folder, with no other copies of mIRC running?

Are you able to reproduce this issue with a simple "/timer 1 5 /window @test" ? Or does it only happen with "/timer 1 5 /hop #"?
Posted By: McOwnage Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 01/11/06 12:16 AM
well I had this problem but posted in Mirc help I fixed it with TweakUI XP open it go to "General" , "Focus" , and put a check in "Prevent Applications from stealing focus".
Posted By: deegee Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 01/11/06 03:10 PM
That's one of the options on the page I linked to, along with how to do it without TweakUI. wink
Posted By: HaleyJ Re: mIRC stealing focus from other windows - 01/11/06 04:13 PM
It only does it with /timer 1 5 /hop for some reason, i tried your suggestion and and a few otherthings and those seem to be fine.
© mIRC Discussion Forums