mIRC Homepage
Posted By: vexed raw KILL:*:{ - 24/08/06 05:50 PM
raw KILL:*:{ or raw KILLED:*:{ doesn't work on IRCX servers
Yet raw PROP:*:{ and raw KNOCK:*:{ work.
Posted By: HumbleSage Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 24/08/06 06:27 PM
I have verified this problem on 2 different IRCx networks.

It seems that mIRC is not recognizing the raw non-numeric event for KILL on these servers. You can see mIRC receive it by looking in a debug window but it won't parse in scripts.

I tested the 3 following techniques:

raw *:*:{}
raw KILL:*:{}
raw KILL*:*:{}

The on DISCONNECT event does still trigger but, it does not return suffcient information to identify a KILL.
Posted By: nfield38 Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 26/08/06 01:27 PM
I can confirm that this is a bug on UnrealIRCd and IthildinIRCd.
Posted By: x64 Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 09:17 AM
No.. you can't confirm that this is a bug with UnrealIRCd, because Unrealircd isn't an IRCXd and doesn't send KILLED messages, and it only sends KILL messages to the person being killed.
Posted By: nfield38 Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 12:08 PM
I can confirm that the raw KILL event does not work properly, which is exactly why your IRCd is not working properly with it either.

Quote:
raw *:*:{}
raw KILL:*:{}
raw KILL*:*:{}
Posted By: ik000ike Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 12:34 PM
add this in status window

-
» Events on:/event add channel | /event add member | /event add server | /event add socket | /event add connect | /event add user
» Events off:/event delete channel | /event delete member | /event delete server | /event delete socket | /event delete connect | /event delete user
-

allthough only ircop's can see those ( server ) messages
Posted By: vexed Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 12:56 PM
IRCX shows everyone on the server who has been killed in the status window, even normal users. It's not a matter of changing anything.
If PROP and KNOCK can be parsed, so should KILL.
Posted By: Khaled Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 01:04 PM
This is in fact by design, mIRC does not trigger a KILL event when you are killed. Also, in some cases mIRC will not attempt a reconnection after a kill, depending on the type of kill.
Posted By: vexed Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 02:27 PM
But why does raw PROP and raw KNOCK show the same status in debug as raw KILL?
On IRCX anyone who is killed will show in the status window of all users, I don't mean just the user who is killed.
Posted By: vexed Re: raw KILL:*:{ - 30/08/06 02:36 PM
<- :user1!x@86.131.XXX.XXX PROP #teen_ops OWNERKEY :arse
Prop looks exactly the same as KILL

<- :sadf!techacct@electrickz KILL user1 :test <- in debug of the user who was killed

<- :sadf!techacct@electrickz KILL user1 :test <- in the debug of all the other people on the server.

* user1 killed by sadf (test) <- in the status window of all users on the server

I don't see why this can't be implemented in, i've scripted everything else, and when someone on the server gets killed it looks out of place, i'm not being selfish, It just seems as though it should be able to be parsed. Alot of others agree. frown

I do see what you mean now, kind of a throttle.
How about a compromise, allow it to be parsed to change colours and what not, but not being able to add code to reconnect or something?
© mIRC Discussion Forums