mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Grover "DCC Send" Sound Event Setting - Odd Behavior - 22/08/06 05:45 AM
mIRC 6.2 (Haven't tested prior versions)

1. Went through and changed all the sound events in the sound options (dcc send, dcc fail, etc).
2. Clicked Ok
3. Went back into sound events and toggled through each event.

If I toggle the dropdown between DCC Send and other events enough (DCC Fail, Flash, Disconnect, Highlight, etc), it will reset DCC Send to "Event Beep" as long as the options are open.

You can also see this when initially setting the sound events as well. As you click through the options, all of your other changes stay, but DCC Send will continually reset to Event Beep if you switch between them enough.
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here. I installed a clean copy of mIRC, opened the Options dialog, Sounds section, and modified the selections in "On Event, play sound", and pressed the OK Button. I then re-opened the Options dialog, Sounds section, and scrolled through the items in the same listbox. It looked fine here.

Which version of Windows are you using? Have you tested this with a clean install of mIRC?
Clean mIRC, same issue.

Relatively recent install of XP SP2, no OS issues.

I'm trying to narrow it down a bit more. I just changed the sound for DCC Send, then clicked between each item on the list, in succession, and then back to DCC Send. Sometimes, clicking DCC Fail, then back to DCC Send will do it. Sometimes you need go almost all the way down the list (DCC Send > DCC Fail > DCC Send > Disconnect > DCC Send > Flash > DCC Send, and so on) for DCC Send to revert to Event Beep.
If I pick the sound file, then choose another dropdown item, the sound in DCC Send disappears. If I pick the sound file, click OK and reopen options the sound file stays.
Looked to me like it was a little easier to reproduce if you had not saved, as you experienced.

If you have saved it, it seems to take a little more clicking around, but somehow it will revert back to event beep.
I went down the list 3 times (going back to DCC Send with each choice) and it stayed with the sound file.
I still haven't been able to reproduce this issue unfortunately. I did notice that if I accidentally clicked too many times on the item in the listbox, it would click the button underneath the listbox and reset it to "Event Beep". Do you think that might be what is happening? If you scroll up and down the listbox using the up/down cursor keys instead of the mouse, does the same problem happen?
I tried another clean copy of mIRC. Clicking fast, I noticed the same thing.

I went back and checked the clean copy and my normal mIRC copy, and tried it SLOW. I was able to make it act up on my normal copy, but doing it SLOW on the clean copy was a complete washout.

Looks like it was a two-fold issue of a goofy copy of mIRC and overclicking on it and the clean one.

Thanks for your patience.
Click and ye shall find smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums