mIRC Homepage
Posted By: MKamermans DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 16/05/06 10:42 AM
Having had my mouse die on me yesterday, I suddenly discovered that there does not appear to be keyboard support on DCC filesend dialogs (at least once completed). Tabbing to the "open" or "close" buttons and hitting enter does nothing.

Minor bug, but worth fixing anyway.
Posted By: MikeChat Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 18/05/06 03:23 AM
I think the key combination is ALT+s

or type //dcc send nickname $sfile(*)

just until you get a new mouse
smile
Posted By: MKamermans Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 20/05/06 03:54 PM
my report was not about DCC sending or receiving, but about the dialog window buttons not responding the way they should =)

Typical application behaviour is when the focus in on a button component (by tabbing to it for instance), hitting "enter" will trigger whichever event is bound to the button. In this particular dialog, that behaviour does not exist, hence the bug report rather than the "help help I do not know IRC commands how do I send/receive DCC without a mouse" kind of message you'd find in a general help forum =)
Posted By: MikeChat Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 20/05/06 08:35 PM
As far as i know the mIRC tool buttons never have worked with the tab bar, there are ALT+ combinations that will select any of them, and in the case of the top toolbar once one of the menus is open you can use the arrow keys to move through the buttons
Posted By: DaveC Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 20/05/06 09:26 PM
Wake up mike! lol

Hes talking about the buttons on a DCC SEND or GET window. They cant be selected using TAB to switch between the two or 3 if the 3rds active, and enter key doesnt select the current one (actually i think there isnt a current one, and thats why enter dont work)
Posted By: MikeChat Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 21/05/06 02:04 AM
*whaps davec with a pillow
Posted By: ShapeH Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 26/05/06 03:24 AM
You can use Space to use the buttons of a DCC get dialog.

In theory Enter is for the default button of a dialog, although by default Tab changes not only the keyboard focus, but also the default button.

Space seems to always (more or less) equal a mouse click.
Posted By: DaveC Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 26/05/06 06:58 AM
Quote:
*whaps davec with a pillow

lol damn it i missed that one tell now!

/me looks for a pillow to whap back with.
Posted By: Doqnach Re: DCC dialog not keyboard usable - 26/05/06 09:43 AM
by default, tab doesn't change the default button according to the specs, though some programs do, only the selection.

enter is the default button, space is the currently selected item.

this is normal windows behaviour.
© mIRC Discussion Forums