mIRC Homepage
Posted By: argv0 identifiers in Highlight feature ignore /echo - 22/08/05 12:09 AM
It is known/documented that you can use custom identifiers with mirc's highlight feature, something like $mytest

Code:
alias mytest { return VALUE }

These execute as regular aliases and can have any command in them:

Code:
alias mytest { join #somechannel | return VALUE }

Unfortunately, the /echo command doesnt seem to work when called from the highlight feature:

Code:
alias mytest { echo -a hi | window @itworks! | return VALUE }

It's not an issue with connection id's or the active window:

Code:
alias mytest { echo -s hi | scid -a echo -s hi | window @itworks! | return VALUE }

This could hurt the ability to debug scripts running from the highlight feature, as well as functionality of them (yes yes theres no reason to echo on highlight-- or is there?)
I dont use highlights but i assume there a marking up of a line being displayed somewhere, so it might be becuase mirc is already in the /ECHO code and cant reenter it.

Have you tried using .timer 1 0 echo blah blah blah ? thus allowing the highlight to complete and the echos to then display (i must admit using timer delayed echos isnt the best debugging idea in the world!) What ablout using /aline and a custom debug window?

* I think /FILTER has the same problem from memory, using the custom sort alias's you cant do another filter inside of them (or maybe im wrong about that) but it looks like some of mircs code isnt reentrant at least.
© mIRC Discussion Forums