mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Fixit Query Logs - 16/05/05 11:54 AM
Hi
I've noticed in the current version of Mirc that when I save a Log from a query conversation, that alot of information is missing. (I do this to keep track of E-mail addresses) but I find that large portions of the conversation are not saved especially the other person's side of the chat

is this a bug or just the way the buffer save works? confused

my logs are important, so I hope there is a fix for this

Thanks..

Darryl
Montreal, Canada
Posted By: LostServ Re: Query Logs - 16/05/05 12:15 PM
It's working fine for me. It could be a script interferring or an older mIRC version, use the latest one and try with a clean slate (install another mirc and try that).
Posted By: Fixit Re: Query Logs - 22/05/05 02:03 AM
well, I don't know. I am using the latest version of Mirc.. and no scripts (never needed them) i always upgrade to the latest version... but I will try a cold re-install and see what happens.

Thanks
Darryl
Posted By: KerryEDavis Re: Query Logs - 25/05/05 06:54 PM
I've been having the same problem for a couple versions now, but nobody seems to notice or care, no matter where I report it. And I am running the newest version, on a clean install of Windows 2000. Nothing helps.

One other thing I've noticed is that when you mention 'query logs' people seem to automatically assume that you mean the contemporaenous/'real time' logging toggle. IT'S NOT THE SAME THING, PEOPLE!

We're talking about Buffer-->Save As.. okay? Be clear on that!

At first I thought it was maybe just a problem with saving query logs across the network, but it happens on local drives too. But even if it had been only affecting network saves, it needed to be fixed. Some kind of "query logs do not save across the network" disclaimer would not be appropriate. If it doesn't work, then don't include the Network Places option in the query save pop-up!
Posted By: mIRCManiac Re: Query Logs - 25/05/05 07:12 PM
Keep acting like an ass and we'll see how much help you get.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Query Logs - 25/05/05 10:35 PM
I just saved logs from queries on win9x, 2k, xp, on local and remote drives, using scripted and unscripted mircs, every single log was recorded correctly, If yours are not then I would assume its something else wrong in your windows that is effecting it, maybe in your network subsystem since you mentioned so often that you fekt it was a network drive logging problem.
© mIRC Discussion Forums