mIRC Homepage
Posted By: ReD_IcE Bug when closing window on lagged client - 02/01/05 09:43 PM
Hi.

I enjoy using mIRC alot, and I have an old computer therefore it is lagged sometimes when I chat.

Anyhow, as I click on 'x' to close the chatwindow while my client is lagged the program just disepears and I have to start it up again. Thought you should know it smile
Make sure that it is not hidden somewhere. I had this case where I had mIRC working, and for some reason this mIRC disappeared, so I started another seasion and connected to the same server and joined the same channel I was.

I was that I was still on the nick list (I mean the old nick), and I got a PM from the OP that I shouldn't join with 2 users to the same channel... The first mIRC was still running, it was just not in the task bat or in the tray.

I managed to get back to it by using ALT+TAB. You should try it too, cause it might be the case
do you mean when you close any channel or query window it closes mIRC? Other than what was already suggested, this is a long shot (since i dont know just how old your puter is or what OS you are running) but is the X you click on to close the "chatwindow" by any chance rather close to (or on top of) the X to close mIRC or the status window? I need to be very careful of that on one old puter i have
Posted By: ReD_IcE Re: Bug when closing window on lagged client - 04/01/05 10:02 PM
Hi.

It happens when I try to close a channel window, and my computer is lagged or client is lagged. I am using a PII 233 MMX, 327MB RAM, Windows 2000 Profesional. (latest version of mIRC 6.16)

Thank you for possible answers, and as the guy above suggested I am not minizing the client, I am closing a channel window only, at a lagged computer/client.
© mIRC Discussion Forums