mIRC Homepage
Posted By: HollyW00d Private Messages - 22/12/04 09:13 PM
Not sure if its just me or not but for some reason sometimes when someone messages me the window does not open. I will leave the room and the mirc button will be in my task bar blinking (which means someone msged me) but when i open mirc no msg screen appear.
Posted By: DrStein Re: Private Messages - 22/12/04 11:03 PM
Do you have a script?

For example maybe your script have an option not to apear messages while you are away and it does a close -m $nick to close query window or something like that.
Posted By: HollyW00d Re: Private Messages - 23/12/04 03:07 AM
I have PnP but it has been doing this ever since i installed the new version of mIRC.

I have been using mIRC for as long as i can remember and never had this problem up untill the newer version of mIRC.

Note: Was doing this before i installed PnP and i have had PnP installed before and i never had the problem.
Posted By: Danthemandoo Re: Private Messages - 23/12/04 03:27 AM
remove the script totally or download mirc again and install it somewhere else, if it still does it reply back, if it doesn't its obviously a problem with the script and NOTHING to do with mIRC.
Posted By: HollyW00d Re: Private Messages - 23/12/04 07:54 AM
Its done this ever since i downloaded mIRC. Even before the script. I got some friends that complain of the same thing.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Private Messages - 23/12/04 09:40 PM
Unless your prepeared to download a fresh copy, and run it with no scripts, and observer the same behavour then there isnt much more that can be done. Besides it being a script efecting your mirc, the only possable thing i can think of is mirc has to many windows currently open to open another one, and thats pretty unlikely as thats around 200 channels you need to be on from memory.
Posted By: JoeDaddy Re: Private Messages - 23/12/04 09:45 PM
Is it possible they sent you a notice rather than a private message?
Also, if you're using a '!nick file' serving addon, they usually
close the query window when someone tries to request
a file by private message instead of in the serving channel.
© mIRC Discussion Forums