mIRC Homepage
Posted By: di_mis freeze my system only with mirc - 25/11/04 11:00 PM
Hi guys (first of all sorry for my english)
i have a huge problem with mirc and i dont now what can i do.
Every time when i go in alias sesion (remote.users,variables etc) and i put some scripts or when i open this session or when i go and open quicly with my mouse ftom one (alias)to remote or variables windows then my system is freezing and i had to make restart the windows (xp-sp2)to fix the problem.
now...this problem that i have is only with mirc and no other software or hardware.Ill try evrything ..i make it format i put from the begining the XP's ..i look for spyware or virus ..i go to technician..and say to me that my computer is ok..i make it everything but THE PROBLEM WITH freezing my system is there..also i put mirc 5.91 or 6.03 or 6.16 the problem is still there..when i open the alias or remote after while my system is freezing.Plsss if anyone knows something about this tell me! My computer is :xp(prof)-sp2 pendium 3 / 864MhZ / 512 mb ram !
Posted By: Doqnach Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 26/11/04 01:34 AM
try to replicate it with a clean install of mIRC 6.16, switch between the tabs, and load some EMPTY script files and see if the problem still occurs...

if not then one of the scripts you loaded might be the cause of your problem
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 26/11/04 12:00 PM
Nope there is no problem with scripts...i downloaded new mirc clean i make it with empty script files or no files at all and it's make it again.....when i go quicly from one tabs (ex. popups) to another(remote) or (variables) ..open and clossing the windows to alias session (alias,remote,popups..etc) with my mouse ..after a while its freezing my system and i have to go restart the xp's
Posted By: tontito Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 26/11/04 03:58 PM
well if you have sp2 installed in your system...
did you installed the windows with a legal key?

For what i know you may get some strange problems with sp2 if you didn't.
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 26/11/04 06:03 PM
No.. i have the problem 4 months now.. before i install XP's service pack 2 !!!
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 27/11/04 12:50 PM
any other idea someone?????
Posted By: sparta Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 27/11/04 12:59 PM
sp2 takes more mem then winXP with sp1, i have a P4 3.0 GHz 512/ram, and i can feel from time to time my comp geting slow, and when i trying to find the problem, then i see my computer using 300+ ram, that means that it using more then 50% ram and it makes the computer acting like its slow, and i can only guess what that problem would do to a slow computer, but my first guess would be that it makes it freeze up, so my suggestion would be to remove SP2, then just use sp1 instead, sp2 was a beta not long ago so i belive it will be a sp3 soon that will take care of buggs in sp2, and if you havent done that yet, then try to tweak your xp a bit, this is what i have done to one of my slower computers:
Klick Advanced, check Background services. Klick OK

can be worth a try anyway, hope this solve your problems.. and yes, it affect mirc cos my mirc running smother when i tweak with this on the slow computer.. hope it helps.. smile
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 28/11/04 08:41 AM
Nope sparta...i try everything you say and freezing again
and it's happen only with mirc.For example i try another irc
client (its called Klient) and not freeze my system.Every time
i make it with mirc or other scripts who has mirc base its freeze my system.
i wonder if maybe if that problem its happen because i have XP with no legal key ???
because that problem i've had it and before i load the sp2
I don't know what else can i think anymore !!!!!!!
dam...why me %^#^%$

and some other thing.....the problem is only when i go to alias session (remote,popups etc) and do some things there....either i put scripts either i don't..But when i just open mirc and go chatrooms without make anything with alias it's not freezing!
Posted By: tontito Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 29/11/04 07:53 PM
Hello, i would add the turn off system restore.
I find it useless and use lots of hd. It also increases the hd activity and from time to time eats lots of cpu doing strange things...
Posted By: DaveC Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 29/11/04 08:52 PM
Since almost no one else seems to have this problem I would hazzard to guess its the machine its on has a problem rather than mirc, its likely that mirc is doing something that causes some part of a device driver of a piece of hardware to be set off that is either buggy code or the device locks up. It just happens to be mirc that does this, you might run 1000 programs and only mirc makes this happen and you might run 2 and they both do it.
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 29/11/04 11:25 PM
and what you propose to do Davec
how cant i find the problem or what is the solution ????
Posted By: tontito Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 30/11/04 09:44 AM
Hello again m8,
can you tell us what are your pc components like matherborard, chipset, processor, ...

maybe we can find something with that
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 30/11/04 05:10 PM
Intel Pendium 3 / 864MHz / 512 RAM
c.p.u ventilator for celeron & P3 PPGA
M/B P3 CHAINTECH CT -6VIA4-100 694X ATA10
C.P.U PIII 866 MHz FCPGA 133/256K COPPE
HDD 20 WESTERN UDMA 100 7200RPM BB
gForce MX4000
SOUNDBLASTER PCI 128 BULK
CD WRITER ( LG )
DVD WRITER ( LG)
PCI bus ETHERNET CARD
CANON 560 PRINTER
CANON Scanner
XP (Not legal key)
...if you need somenthing else tell me
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 12/12/04 09:11 AM
HELLPPPPPPP.....................
what did you mean DaveC ...what can i do about this?????
Posted By: tontito Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 13/12/04 03:23 PM
Hello, about your not legal key, you told before that you had that problem before you had winxp sp2, so may question is, did you started to have that problem with winxp with or without sp1?

Did you had same key? If so i recomend to you to get a legal key...
Posted By: DaveC Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 14/12/04 04:32 AM
i really really doubt that a legal or illegal key is going to effect the running of mirc, even when it does uses MS developed/controlled resources. MS just arent into hidden crashing because user x has an illegal key, its to prone to tampering by malicious code. Some app or virus or trojan just alteres your serial number then uninstalls itself, and kabang your windows starts acting up, and you have one hell of a time tracking it down. I still think he has either bad software/driver or bad hardware, its just that mirc is the one thing tripping it off.

Just to show how hard it is to find things...
I once had a scsi card and a network card that both were from good manurfacturers and both had well designed drivers, each worked fine sepeartely, and even 99.99999% of the time together, but if copying multiple 200+ meg files across the nextwork the odd lower nibble of a single byte in 150 to 200 million bytes of file would corrupt to zero, if the files were small ones it never happened. I never even picked it up for 2 years. I changed the net card, it went away, i changed the netcard back it came back, i changed the scsi card it went away. Soulution, just change one of the cards. Of course his problem maybe mb related which makes changing it a little harder.
Posted By: di_mis Re: freeze my system only with mirc - 21/12/04 11:20 PM
Thanks guys!
there is no solution i think smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums