mIRC Homepage
I have a error when playing with this soundcard, someone know how i can fix that ? i install that soundcard yestarday and i get that error, the song skip 1 or 2 seconds in some times... please!
mIRC uses MCI commands to play files, saying that... if a mp3 is playable in windows media player, it should be playable via mIRC.

and its possible your mp3s are skipping because of your low end sound card, a mp3 is 3 consecutively played compressed wave files(well not exactly that, but close to it) so it can do a number on an old piece of hardware. but anything made within the past several years(like 5 or less) should have no problem playing something like that.
Posted By: Nixor confused - 15/07/04 05:34 AM
when i play the music with windows media player or winamp, i dont get the... skip? why ? :S
Posted By: Cyrex Re: confused - 15/07/04 06:20 AM
I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. Windows Media Player would play the sound files perfectly, but mIRC plays them back horribly. I had this happen on Windows 98SE, and Windows 2000.

It looks like Windows doesn't like it when you don't play back sound files using Windows Media Player. grin
Posted By: MTec89 Re: confused - 15/07/04 04:15 PM
i dont use WMP i use winamp o-0
Posted By: Cyrex Re: confused - 15/07/04 06:14 PM
Well, then Windows doesn't like it when you use mIRC to play back sound files....
Posted By: Nixor Re: confused - 16/07/04 02:25 PM
the problem begin when i change my soundcard, i remove the nvidia soundcard (integrated to mother board) and add a new... and then begin the skip error.
© mIRC Discussion Forums