mIRC Homepage
Posted By: neophyte Guide to posting bugs - 11/06/04 07:17 AM
Before you post your bug on these forums, make sure you have searched the forum for a similar issue/bug. You never know, it may have been posted before, and heck, there could even be a fix available for it. It will save us all time and energy.

That said, if you can't find anything, remember the following:

1) Include the versionof mIRC you are using. eg, mIRC 6.15

2) Tell us what scripts you are running (your own, nnscript, PnP, etc), or if you're not running scripts

2A) Try and re-create the bug on another computer, or ask someone else to try and re-create it. You should also try and re-create it on a 'vanilla' installation of mIRC.

3) Post what your system details are:
- CPU
- RAM
- Operating System

4) If possible, include a link, or an image of the error. Don't post a massive 1600x1200 screenshot, try and use an image editing program such as Paint Shop Pro (or even Windows Paint) to select the area the error is. Save it as either jpeg, gif, or png.

5) Include any error reports generated by your operating system. If you use Windows NT/2000/XP, you can look for details in the Event log.

6) Please try and use the correct spelling, puncuation and grammer in your post. It can be very tiring reading something written in a hybrid of leet/sms speak.
For those of you who use English as your second language, please say so, we understand.

7) Be polite and courteous, and we'll all get along just fine.

Thanks, and have a nice day smile
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Guide to posting bugs - 11/06/04 09:36 AM
6) Please try and use the correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in your post. It can be very tiring reading something written in a hybrid of leet/sms speak.
Posted By: neophyte Re: Guide to posting bugs - 11/06/04 09:37 AM
Haha... Silly me missed that, and now I can't edit it to fix it. frown
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Guide to posting bugs - 11/06/04 09:38 AM
If it's any comfort, I have done the same thing. grin
Posted By: PastMaster Re: Guide to posting bugs - 12/06/04 09:30 AM
A sticky on "How to post bugs" might be a good idea?

PM
© mIRC Discussion Forums