mIRC Homepage
Posted By: fxmakers Connect button - 27/04/04 11:33 PM
Hi!

It seems that when you're connecting to a laggy server (or a server waiting for your identd reply) or the server is introducing you (motd, etc...), and you try to disconnect/reconnect using the toolbar button, this does nothing. The button is totally inactive. mIRC 6.14 Win2000 SP4.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Connect button - 27/04/04 11:43 PM
If there is a large amount of screen scroll clicking the button does nothing - this isn't a bug in mIRC as far as I know, it's just Windows "freezing" up whilst all the data comes up on the screen.

If you're lagged, then disconnecting via the button should disconnect you, but you may not see the *** Disconnected message because of the lag. Due to the lag the server doesn't pick up the /quit until several seconds or minutes later. You'll find the same occurs if you join lots of channels (say 8-10) when you connect and quickly type /partall. You get the 'Parting all channels' message but the channel windows won't close and you indeed will not part until you've had time to "catch up" with all the data being received (nicklist, possibly channel /who's etc.)

If these were not scenarios you were referring to though, I cannot confirm this bug, XP Pro\6.14.

Regards,
Posted By: fxmakers Re: Connect button - 27/04/04 11:48 PM
Well, tried that:

- 1 user connected to a channel.
- another session (/server -m or a new mIRC) connects to the same server and join the same channel, then quickly pressed the disconnect button (still got the inactive thing).

The last user is still connected (and can send commands), as the 1st one should have seen a quit msg whereas the 2nd maybe not (and the server is not laggy at all).
Reproducible each time.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Connect button - 28/04/04 12:32 AM
I've tried this with the order you gave above and it worked as it should - the client disconnected and the other client received the quit correctly, no more commands could be sent to the server.

The only other results I can get out of this is with the conditions I mentioned in my last post.

I spoke to qwerty online about it and he couldn't reproduce it either...both using mIRC 6.14. I think it's most likely either 1) Lag, 2) Screen freeze or 3) Some sort of script.

Regards,
Posted By: fxmakers Re: Connect button - 28/04/04 12:46 AM
1st, thanks for testing.
Tried on many servers, again got that (mIRC with no scripts or dlls loaded).
It's not a critical bug, even an annoying one (who uses this button :P), and it's maybe due to a particular software configuration i got, who knows...
Posted By: MIMP Re: Connect button - 29/04/04 05:28 PM
It may be this feature added in 6.1:

125.Added toolbar disconnect confirm option: requires two clicks to disconnect from a server, to prevent accidental disconnects.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Connect button - 29/04/04 05:51 PM
Ah yes, to follow on from MIMP's idea, you can check if it's on or not via the Confirm options:

ALT+O > Other > [Confirm]

This is a feature I use, but clicking it twice does work and disconnects the client correctly smile

Regards,
Posted By: fxmakers Re: Connect button - 29/04/04 06:29 PM
ahmmmmmmmmmmm!

okay! so ignore my post, sorry :P
© mIRC Discussion Forums