mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Cyrex Script Editor Bug? - 21/04/04 04:00 AM
I usually run mIRC on my Windows 98 Second Edition machine. Recently, I decided to install mIRC on my Windows 2000 Advanced Server machine. I noticed something very weird with the way the script editor behaves under 2000 Advanced Server.

On Windows 98 Second Edition, you could right click the Script Editor's titlebar, and select the "Maximize" button to make the script editor appear in full screen. In Windows 2000, these options in the titlebar of the Script Editor are greyed out. Why?
Posted By: Mentality Re: Script Editor Bug? - 21/04/04 07:11 AM
I'm on XP pro and I get the same thing. I don't think it's a bug as there isn't actually a '-' button for minimising, so I guess it's just how the dialog is designed. Did you have the latest version on Windows 98se, or did you have an earlier version?

I've never used that bar for minimising the script editor so I can't remember if older versions might have had the option.

Regards,
Posted By: saxon Re: Script Editor Bug? - 21/04/04 10:07 AM
I think it's just the way windows NT/2K/XP does it, When there's no minimize or maximize button the option won't appear in the menu.

It has been mentioned before in the Feature request forum that the script editor should have those buttons.
Posted By: zfr Re: Script Editor Bug? - 27/04/04 08:50 PM
It was in this thread.

And yes, the minimize/maximize options work fine on Win 98, but they are grayed (disabled) on NT and XP.
© mIRC Discussion Forums