mIRC Homepage
Posted By: esspey The infamous DCC resume problem! SOLVED?!? - 04/04/04 12:00 AM
Ok, I'm not about to give the answer everyone is looking for. But here's the facts.

mIRC 5.8 allows DCC resumes no problemo on my system.

mIRC 6.1* hangs DCC resumes.

So here is the $64,000 question:

What changes took place in the code between those versions regarding DCCing that could be causing the problems.

Answer on a postcard - or even easier, in reply to this post :tongue:
Posted By: naki Re: The infamous DCC resume problem! SOLVED?!? - 04/04/04 11:14 AM
how about the fact that khaled changed compilers between versions 5.9 and 6.0. that could be the answer seeing how he would have to change some things in the code for it to compile correctly.
Quote:
What changes took place in the code between those versions regarding DCCing that could be causing the problems.

None. DCC Resumes have always worked for me.
I have Win98SE and Win2000 and several versions of mIRC (5.91, 6.03, 6.12 and 6.14) running on both systems. No problems with resumes on any of them.

Are you behind a firewall? Router?
dcc resumes work for me and not only has Khaled changed compilers, Ive changed OS's (once) and mirc versions many times and it still works for me. To add to CTRLATLDEL's question, are you using NAT at all?
please dont crosspost. it isnt necessary and only creates confusion
I guess esspey's problem is NAT related...

With prior mIRC versions, I had no problem with DCCs & DCC Resuming. (btw, I'm using a NAT).

In mIRC 6+, in some case (seems to happen when both you and the remote user are using a NAT), mIRC won't resume files and shows "* DCC RESUME rejected: incorrect parameters" or some similar message...
As I stated before, I had no such trouble before (when running mIRC 5.**), this all started when I updated to mIRC 6+, and only mIRC changed in the while, my NAT & Windows' settings remained the same...
© mIRC Discussion Forums