Posted By: ChosenOne ./pop produces an echo - 28/03/04 12:13 PM
Code:
/.pop 5 <chan> <nick>  

Gives me:
* You are not an op on <chan>.

Entered in editbox and even in a script. smirk
Using mIRC 6.14
Posted By: Mentality Re: ./pop produces an echo - 28/03/04 02:34 PM
Cannot confirm this. This does not work for me. If I use it in the channel #Arnie I get:

<chan> No such nick/channel
<chan> #Arnie They aren't on that channel

If I type it and change <nick> for a nickname I get the same thing (keeping channel as <chan>).

If used in a script (I used an on text event) exactly as you typed it, it just echos: * /pop: insufficient parameters.

If I deop myself in #Arnie and then use the exact command you type (using <chan> <nick>) I get: * You are not an op on #Arnie - Which is correct.

If I replace both parameters in a channel where I am opped (you didn't make it clear whether or not we should replace <chan> with the channel name or whether bug lay within specifying <chan>) it will op the specified <nick>. If I deop myself and replace both params, as you may have guessed, I get the "You are not an op" error message.

I tested this on 6.14, XP Pro on DALnet.

Regards,
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: ./pop produces an echo - 28/03/04 05:00 PM
Quote:
If I deop myself and replace both params, as you may have guessed, I get the "You are not an op" error message.

- That's the bug he's pointing out. Since the . has been specified to make the command silent there shouldn't be any warning messages. It's kind of half-bug half-feature suggestion since it's arguable that it's not really command output but an error message. Still, it does make sense that it shouldn't display in that instance.
Posted By: Mentality Re: ./pop produces an echo - 28/03/04 05:38 PM
Oh, duh. * Mentality fetches emergency coffee

Personally I'd prefer it to still echo that message in that instance. However, I guess technically it shouldn't....6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums