Posted By: wangcity 6.14 can not correct display chinese - 07/03/04 09:06 AM
i just try the 6.14

it's can not display correct chinese char

it's add some other char before the input and the end

like this:

(B$ [ chinese char ] (&*67

6.12 is not have this problem.

Posted By: whisky Re: 6.14 can not correct display chinese - 07/03/04 10:40 PM
It's coz mIRC 6.14 now auto-detectes the OS you are using, and unfortunately, as you are using a MULTUBYTE OS, mIRC <<PRESUMEs>> that you are using JAPNAESE OS <<BY DEFAULT>>.

To correct this, simply go to

alt-o(OPTION)
- IRC
and switch off the translation SJIS/JIS

this will correct the BUG, and also allows you to see chinese nick / channel name as well.

----

BTW, this only occures when you install your mIRC 6.14 to a new folder. If you over-install the mIRC 6.14 in a folder with older INI files, mIRC 6.14 will correctly display the chinese characters (big5 as well GB, and maybe as well for other double bytes characters, like korean?)
Posted By: wangcity Re: 6.14 can not correct display chinese - 08/03/04 10:06 AM
thank very much
it's work
that's great!

another questions
howto set mirc let's display gb2312 and big5 code chinese at same time?

thanks

Posted By: whisky Re: 6.14 can not correct display chinese - 09/03/04 01:05 AM
I wrote a DLL for mIRC, its named mIRC-HZ (do a google on it)

the DLL allows users to convert GB/Big5 to GB/Big5 with a simple script and calls to DLL, just use your imagination to create your script (a sample script is included in the zip)

and, since we are in BUG section, i doubt that moderators will allow me to do a such auto-promotion here.

To solve this <<problem>> of displaying Big5/GB on the same win, you have to wait for the next generation of mIRC which should <<I HOPE SO>> support the UTF8
© mIRC Discussion Forums