mIRC Homepage
Posted By: DLX mIRC won't resume download ? - 09/01/04 08:41 PM
can't someone have a probleme to resume with mIRC ?
if yes can i have a anwser for this probleme
thanks a lot! dlx@cablevision.qc.ca to write me
back
Posted By: gnutellafan Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 10/01/04 12:54 AM
already every Im can rezume, as well <edit>
dunno why irc has no swarming drom multiple clients or a hash exchange, see <edit>
Posted By: Raccoon Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 10/01/04 02:37 PM
NEIN! EINHALTEN!

DIES IST VERBOTEN!
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 10/01/04 02:44 PM
1. its not a good idea to put your email addy on an open forum. there are bots that troll looking for them to spam. if you would like, i'll be glad to remove it for you.

2. there are a lot of things that can effect resume, and tons of posts about it here. the problem may not be on your end, but on the senders end. you can find them by using the search feature and set it to "all forums" and expand the date range, using resume as your search term. i'd suggest reading this thread
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 10/01/04 02:49 PM
That was a totally pointless reply, in no way helpful to the question asked. The fact that some users have a problem with resume is due to issues relating to them, not mIRC.

I do wish you would stop using this forum to spam your pet project. You have made your desire to change mIRC into some mass filesharing program known ad nauseum.
Posted By: DaveC Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 10/01/04 05:37 PM
if u want mirc to downlaod form multiple clients just write a script to do it, i mean how hard could it be,
ctcp ^*:dcc send etc etc open the socket read the file write it out, keep track of whats written already, make a choice on the second sender where to start, build a table of sections already downlaoded, keep track of what each downlaoders section is writting to, have to stop responding when u reach a already downloaded section and hop the sender well repeatedly offer you the file to resume some other part, etc etc etc <grin>
mahahhaa and after all that you find that a single sender is likely to use all your bandwidth anyway!

PS : anyone not reliasing im against this.
Posted By: Redmetal Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 18/01/04 08:06 AM
Hi DaveC,

could you plz tell me how could i download from multiple clients ???

plz provide me step by step , cuz i'm new with mirc

all i knew is sending requset for a download !

" sorry for my weak language "

waiting your replay my dear friend

THX

Redmetal
Posted By: DaveC Re: mIRC won't resume download ? - 18/01/04 08:45 AM
you cant unless you write some quite overwhelming script for someone new to mirc.

I stopped my attempt at creating it, when i decided it was a bad idea, i just download from one person like normal.

Anyway Mircs for chating not downloading.

goto Krapza for files, and enjoy the fakes.
© mIRC Discussion Forums