mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Darko Minor bug while pasting and confirming - 04/01/04 07:49 PM
Say that you wanted to paste (ctrl+v) a list of commands into a channel..
/say Hi
/say Bye
/quit
..mIRC would just paste this like any other text
However, if you set mIRC to force confirmation upon pasting, it will EXECUTE the commands.
Is this a feature or a bug? hm
Posted By: greeny Re: Minor bug while pasting and confirming - 05/01/04 04:25 PM
yeah, looks like a bug to me...
Posted By: lonesome Re: Minor bug while pasting and confirming - 05/01/04 05:15 PM
i wouldnt call this a bug. you are using ctrl+v to paste those 2 lines, thus while the lines are being processed, the ctrl is still being held down, and it is sent as plain text. however, if u right-clicked and clicked paste, the lines are processed as it is, commands in this case. it would be the same with the confirmation, since after confirming, the ctrl button is not pressed while the lines are being processed.
It may not be an actual bug since Ctrl isn't actually being held down at the moment that the text is pasted (when the Yes button is pressed on the confirmation dialog), but it probably isn't what people would expect to happen when pasting with Ctrl+V so in my mind it should be changed to act as if Ctrl is still held down.
Posted By: Iori Re: Minor bug while pasting and confirming - 08/01/04 03:12 PM
As pointed out by others, when you use Ctrl+V you are holding the Control key down as the lines are pasted, resulting in the lines being sent as plain text (the same using Ctrl+Enter from the editbox).

When pasting through "confirm" if you press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking 'Yes' the lines will again be sent as plain text.
© mIRC Discussion Forums