mIRC Homepage
Posted By: knocte Bug: No topic? - 10/12/02 09:33 PM
Hello.

Sometimes when I use mIRC I connect to my favorite channel: #Progressive on IRC-Hispano.org. And sometimes the channels shows me as if it hadn't any topic, but all people on the channel tell me that there is one already set. Is this a bug?
Posted By: gemeau50 Re: Bug: No topic? - 10/12/02 11:33 PM
Nothing to do with mIRC. It is a server problem.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Bug: No topic? - 11/12/02 12:38 AM
sometimes, especially after splits, something called a "desynch" happens, in which case you may not see the same topic as others do. not to worry, its just a temporary lil glitch, but as said already, its isnt related to mIRC smile
Posted By: knocte Re: Bug: No topic? - 11/12/02 01:19 PM
I am not talking about a "different topic", I am talking about "no topic", and no splits occure when I get to these situations. Are you sure this is a server problem?
Posted By: d00dman Re: Bug: No topic? - 11/12/02 03:21 PM
A different topic and no topic would be the same thing. Just channel desynch. You might not noticing the servers splitting/relinking, but chances are that's whats happening. Just have somebody who can see the current topic reset it. It's a very common thing to do.

-chris
Posted By: vasil_michev Re: Bug: No topic? - 11/12/02 06:10 PM
isn't it spelled desync? (withouth "h")
Posted By: magic Re: Bug: No topic? - 13/12/02 09:14 AM
the ircd do not send topics when servers merges, it would use too much bandwidth and relinking servers that has split would take longer time.
© mIRC Discussion Forums