mIRC Homepage
Posted By: CoPyL3fT new mirc bug????? - 25/11/03 08:03 AM
hi,
i was chatting today when i experience that my mirc hanged. after a while, it got back to normal. then it hanged again and the whole computer hangged. then i rebooted and tried to open my mirc again, but it say the the mirc.exe is missing. when i went to the mirc folder... i saw nothing but mlink32.exe and download, logs and sounds folder.

what happened? is this a new and worst bug?
Posted By: Biezais Re: new mirc bug????? - 25/11/03 08:55 AM
I think, you have trojans or viruses on system.
Posted By: Skip Re: new mirc bug????? - 25/11/03 09:02 AM
Try downloading a newer version of mirc from the download section (mlink32.exe hasn't been included in mirc for a long time). Are you running any scripts?

How did it 'say' mirc is missing? Are you opening mirc from a shortcut?
Posted By: CoPyL3fT Re: new mirc bug????? - 28/11/03 04:55 AM
i updated my norton 2k3 pro and scanned my system and there no viruses or trojans. and im using mirc 6.12
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: new mirc bug????? - 28/11/03 06:55 AM
there are some trojans that fake onboard scanners into thinking they arent there, wouldnt hurt to try one of the free online scanners like housecall at www.trendmicro.com since they can be better at finding irc related nasties
Posted By: katsklaw Re: new mirc bug????? - 28/11/03 03:44 PM
Also remember that there is no such thing as an anti-virus program that can catch ALL virii. Regardless of which you use it's best to double check with a second or even third program. IMO Norton just don't cut it, I've personally seen other apps pick up on virii that have been installed almost instantly that norton should have caught but never did.

PM if your interested in a URL, but I use AVG (yes it's free) and PC-cillin's houscall.
Posted By: qwerty Re: new mirc bug????? - 29/11/03 01:08 PM
Btw, there is no such word as "virii", the plural of "virus" is "viruses" smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums