mIRC Homepage
Posted By: zerapio Highlight gets the wrong match - 11/11/03 06:45 AM
I've spent quit some time searching for this bug with no results, sorry if this is a repost.

Many people call me 'z' for short and I want mirc to highlight that. The problem is that along with the letter 'z', mirc alzo highlights things like zzz, z4, and those should not be highlighted. I've tried putting a space in the pattern but then I don't see when someone types z and then enter (just my letter).

This problem has been around since I can remember. I can confirm seeing it on 6.11, 6.12 and I think that on 6.10 too.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day smile

zerapio
Posted By: droi Re: Highlight gets the wrong match - 11/11/03 04:57 PM
Try ?z?
Posted By: qwerty Re: Highlight gets the wrong match - 11/11/03 05:13 PM
I think this should be in Feature Suggestions. It's not a bug, it's intended to work this way. We just need an extra checkbox like "Match whole word only" in Highlight Add dialog.

In the meantime, you can put %z instead of z in the Highlight list and the following code in Remote:
Code:
on ^*:text:*z*:*: if $istok($strip($1-),z,32) { set -u1 %z $1- }
Posted By: zerapio Re: Highlight gets the wrong match - 12/11/03 01:16 AM
Thaks guys, I'll try that when I get home tonight
Posted By: zerapio Re: Highlight gets the wrong match - 12/11/03 03:49 AM
It didn't work. The same thing kept happening.

I guess I'll have to wait until that "feature" makes it to a release.
Posted By: qwerty Re: Highlight gets the wrong match - 12/11/03 11:03 AM
Strange, I've tested it and it works fine here. Make sure that remote is activated (type /remote on) and that there aren't other conflicting on TEXT events in the file that contains the particular event. To make sure this isn't the case, put the on TEXT line in a separate file.
© mIRC Discussion Forums