mIRC Homepage
i'm lazy to look in the helpfile besides i don't know exactly where to look... the question is as followings.... is there an identifier that returns the name of the alias it was called from?
sorry for triple posting, but it just kept throwing me errors....
No. It would be good if there was one.
Why would any1 need such an identifier? You can pass the calling aliasname as param to the other alias/identifier?
And did I forgot to mention that the banner in your signature is annoying and doesn't fit in to these forums as your the only one using it...
Well just do like I do, when people decide to use those big/annoying banners, I just look at it as they are saying "please ignore me" so thats exactly what I do. Regardless of whether I know the answer to their question, I simply say nothing to them.
but how do i get my post count up then? crazy
You do like I just did and write a post saying "I'm not answering you unless you get rid of that annoying image" smile
Wow, I was gonna use a much larger one for my signature too, but the forums won't let me use HTML and I was too lazy to type the BBCode image tags. If you want to know why I can type the HTML but not the bbcode... umm.. I blame Richard Simmons.

^ Thats what I was going to use.
Well none of the images on this thread even appear for me, so there.
Have you ever coded in java w/JGrasp?

Basically, java lets you do a 'mini-stack-trace' of sorts, so when you mess up (like input is mangled and can't be handled) an EXCEPTION (non-critical error) is thrown, or a compile error.

You get 3 or 4 lines of code which trace what comes from where, etc etc

IE:
Error at Line 20: Type Mismatch
if (1 == "one") { }
in codeFile.class:22
codeFileReferer:23
..and so forth...

Jgrasp lets you just straight to the bad line and edit it, but anywho.

If you can't see why its useful, you cna slap me with a mullet.

Seeing what calls to your alias make it go "BLEH" is invaluable...
Just as an FYI, those huge things are decidedly annoying for ppl with slow connections. *grumble*
Tell Krejt to put some kinda limit on it! PHP has the ability to scale images.
lol they are annoying for people with fast connections too para
They are considerably less annoying in tree view. I made that sig image for another forum where everyone (literally everyone) used sigs the size of god. Mine was considered small.
© mIRC Discussion Forums