mIRC Homepage
Posted By: enmauricie How to change the Icon of dialogs boxes? - 22/06/03 01:52 AM
I'm wondering since a while I mean almost 4 years, How can I change the Icon of the dialogs boxes?
Posted By: ScatMan Re: How to change the Icon of dialogs boxes? - 22/06/03 05:18 AM
if u meant that u want to change the icon inside the "icon" in your dialog you can use the -g switch, eg: /did -g DNAME ID FILENAME

Nice site but you should make the width resizable. 800 x 600 should be what you aim for without a horizontal scrollbar. There's no written rule but it's sort of the 'done thing'.
I meant the icon on the titlebar of the dialog box
You need a DLL for that I think. Try mIRCustom.dll from http://mircscripts.org/archive.php?type=dll
Posted By: saxon Re: How to change the Icon of dialogs boxes? - 22/06/03 04:12 PM
You can now specify your icon in the dialog table:

dialog [-l] name {
title "text"
icon filename, index
size x y w h
option type (dbu, pixels, notheme)

What I would like to know is, How do you have no dialog icon? This seemed possible for one or two versions, by specifying an invalid file for the icon, But now it doesn't seem to work.
Posted By: qwerty Re: How to change the Icon of dialogs boxes? - 22/06/03 04:29 PM
What I would like to know is, How do you have no dialog icon? This seemed possible for one or two versions, by specifying an invalid file for the icon, But now it doesn't seem to work.

You can use the icon #16 in $mircexe, which is transparent. It does the trick. I have no reason to believe that the transparent icon will be removed from the .exe in some future version, so I consider this pretty safe.
Posted By: pheonix Re: How to change the Icon of dialogs boxes? - 22/06/03 04:52 PM
in dialog studio it says tools at the top, click that, then click dialog properties, it says icon, browse for an icon(it has be a filetype of .ico) then click the selected icon and then it should be in titlebar smile
Posted By: enmauricie Thank you very much pheonix - 01/07/03 08:06 PM
Thank you.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. And you made me discovered dialog studio. It makes me save so much of time. Don't have to calculate positions all the time with it. I am very happy to work with it now.

Code:
dialog whatever {
  title "Whatever"
  size -1 -1 156 82
  option dbu
  icon Path\whatever.ico, 0
  button "Close", 6, 35 58 103 12, ok
}
Posted By: pheonix Re: Thank you very much pheonix - 01/07/03 08:11 PM
np smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums