mIRC Homepage
Anyone know any .dll for allow you to play multiple .wav at the same time? Do you know... With /splay you can just play 1 .wav per time (i know you can play a .mp3, .mid AND a .wav at the same time, but i want to play more than 1 .wav at the same time, much more than 1)...
The site is gone, but here is a link to an archive containing fmod_mirc.dll with accompanying files and docs. IIRC it can play multiple sounds at once.

Edit: Derp, that archive only has docs for the plugins. Currently searching for docs for the main dll
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
The site is gone, but here is a link to an archive containing fmod_mirc.dll with accompanying files and docs. IIRC it can play multiple sounds at once.

Edit: Derp, that archive only has docs for the plugins. Currently searching for docs for the main dll

Cool!!! Ty verymuch... im waiting here for the docs...
I'm having difficulty. Maybe someone here on the forums can assist us in our search
I'm having difficulty. Maybe someone here on the forums can assist us in our search

Is that? http://escripting.net/addons.php?cat_id=2&file_id=78

Well at least I downloaded it and i found a examplescript inside and I just figured out how to play a .wav using it... BUT not tested yet if i can play multiple .wavs, going to test it right now
That is it! In that archive checkout doc/fmod_mirc.txt for docs on how to use the dll.
That is it! In that archive checkout doc/fmod_mirc.txt for docs on how to use the dll.

Yeah I just did it! I played 2 .wavs at the same time right now... =)))))))) ty verymuch
In order to help everyone else who needs it also, i made a VERY SHORT info about the "JUST THE ENOUGH YOU NEED" for play multiple samples:

- Put both .dll files on your script folder (fmod.dll and fmod_mIRC.dll)
- Add on your script these lines:

on *:start: {
fmod FMOD_Connect $scriptdirfmod.dll
fmod SOUND_Init 44100 64 0
}
on *:unload: dll -u $scriptdirfmod_mIRC.dll
alias fmod return $dll($scriptdirfmod_mIRC.dll,$1,$2-)

- Now all you need to do is: First, load all your .wav files into samples like this:
fmod SOUND_Sample_Load <SAMPLE ID> $qt(FILENAME) <LOOP> $file(FILENAME).size
* <LOOP> is: 1 - no loop. 2 - Loop after ending. 4 - Play reverse after ending.

Example (loading 5 files)

fmod SOUND_Sample_Load 0 $qt(C:\Sound1.wav) 1 $file(C:\Sound1.wav).size
fmod SOUND_Sample_Load 1 $qt(C:\Sound2.wav) 1 $file(C:\Sound2.wav).size
fmod SOUND_Sample_Load 2 $qt(C:\Sound3.wav) 1 $file(C:\Sound3.wav).size
fmod SOUND_Sample_Load 3 $qt(C:\Sound4.wav) 1 $file(C:\Sound4.wav).size
fmod SOUND_Sample_Load 4 $qt(C:\Sound5.wav) 1 $file(C:\Sound5.wav).size

Now, play the sound with:

fmod SOUND_PlaySound <SAMPLE ID> [CHANNEL]
* If you dont specify a CHANNEL, it will set in the CHANNEL 0. If you specify -1 as CHANNEL, it will put in the first free channel found.
* If you try to play differ samples at the SAME CHANNEL, it will stop the preview SAMPLE to play the new one. So, the best and simple
* way on playing ANY sample without stoping any current playing sample is using -1 as CHANNEL.

Example playing 2 differ files at the same time (need to specify differ channels or -1)

fmod SOUND_PlaySound 0 0
fmod SOUND_PlaySound 1 1

OR:

fmod SOUND_PlaySound 0 -1
fmod SOUND_PlaySound 1 -1

For stop a current playing sample, just use

fmod SOUND_StopSound <CHANNEL> (CHANNEL, not SAMPLE ID)

Theres a lot of resources you can find on the fmod_mIRC.txt but these ones is just enough for the basic about playing multiple .wav files

I hope you enjoy =)
Heres my first video about my mirc bomberman using the fmod.dll =)))))

https://youtu.be/38Ak26dK7TA
© mIRC Discussion Forums