mIRC Homepage
Posted By: SGR NickList Re-ordering - 18/03/07 04:26 PM
I'd like to specify a custom ordering to the nicks appearing in a given channels NickList. I'd rather be able to do this on a per channel basis, but I'd settle for an option to do this globally.

At current many of the channels I am in have users with certain strings in their nicks - namely clan channels on network such as QuakeNet. I'd like to have nick-names with each clans "tag" appear at the top of their respective channels nick-list (after sorting by @+ etc. prefix first).

Likewise, I'd like other patterns (such as "/.*[A].*/i", "/.*AWAY.*/i" and "/.*BNC.*/i") to appear below all other nicks int he NickList.

Can this be scripted in to mIRC? If so, can someone give my a pointer as to where I would start. If this is not something that can be done scripting wise without an extreme amount of effort; what's the best way to submit this as a feature request? Is there a board for registered mIRC users to request in? or should the normal "Feature Request" board be used?

Regards,

Alex.
Posted By: RusselB Re: NickList Re-ordering - 18/03/07 09:21 PM
While I haven't used it, it sounds like your first request could be resolved through the usage of a 3rd party DLL called NickLust.dll

Regarding Feature Requests, just use the proper forum on this site, as Khaled monitors it and does not differentiate between requests made by users that have registered mIRC and those that haven't.

I believe (although it's been a while) that you must be registered on this site in order to post a message (irrelevant as to which forum)
© mIRC Discussion Forums